Thanks Tuus. Your link has best price.
I have been looking online for a while through several stores.
So these are my options:
- From RAM Experts - Patriot PSD28G800SK DDR2 SODIMM (2x4GB) 8GB PC2-6400 SODIMM 200p CL6 1.8V
129.99 + No Tax + Free Shipping
- Single: 68.99
Single: 70$ Approx
Wierd how on Amazon the pair is more expensive while opposite for RAMexperts.
RAMexperts seem to have decent Reseller Ratings & Price Grabber reviews as merchants.
1) Would a "matched" pair be better?
- .. For Performance - Some people / places I've read people mention that a matched pair improves performance in some ways?
- .. For Replacement Indpendence.. I read a post online where when the person tried to do a RAM exchange for a faulty chip they (Corsair) asked the person to send back both modules for warranty replacement.. A pain because without that you cant run the machine
2) How are the replacement/ exchange policies with Amazon & RAMexperts? For both SHORT TERM (within 30 days) and LONG TERM (lifetime warranty)
- RAM experts seem to charge for exchange shipping.. (from what I read on their returns page)
- Amazon.. I cant see or google up any clear outline/ policy to that end?
Any people have any experiences?
I'd appreciate feedback on the above questions. Its been ages since I bought any RAM modules.