I just bought a 13” MacBook Pro i5 2.4GHz. No, not for me ... for my wife. She has stopped complaining. My wife loves her MacBook, so this T400’s gotta go.
I have a nice T400 with upgrades (LCD, HDD, OS, RAM) that is complete and passes all tests. The 1440x900 LCD is bright and clear with no defects. It has a fast CPU and 4GB of RAM.
Keyboard is 11 months old and looks close to new. Could use replacement KB bezel, but works fine as is (see below). The warranty expired June 2011.
This system comes with:
- Intel P8700 CPU (2.53GHz)
- 4G/PC8500 Memory (2 x 2GB)
- CDRW/DVDRW (SATA)
- LCD (nice, no defects) WXGA+ (1440x900 16:10)
- WiFi (Intel 802.11agn) Dual band (2.4/5.0GHz) up to 300 Mbps
- GREEN 9-cell battery (I think it’s a 9 cell, it sticks out the back) has about 28 of 56 watts left.
- AC adapter 90w (will substitute a 65w if you prefer)
- Fingerprint reader
- OS – The original spec said this T400 came with an XP Pro COA. This laptop now has a Vista Business COA – the COA is difficult to read at this point, I cannot verify if it is Vista but was told so when I purchased this last March from a reliable forum member. Win 7 Pro OEM 32bit (Lenovo install) is currently installed on the main drive and you will receive a W7 retail license key.
- HDD – The T400 now has a 64G Samsung SSD MZ-5PA064 (almost new) with Windows 7 Pro OEM 32bit Lenovo. This Samsung drive is still under warranty, $109 from Amazon. There is also a Hitachi 250GB SATA HDD in the DVD bay.
Original Specs - 6473-PVU - P8700(2.53GHz), 2GB RAM, 14.1in 1280x800 LCD, Intel 4500MHD, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, XPP COA
- Overall in very good condition, the lid has some marks and minor scratches.
- The SN/Model# sticker is a bit damaged on the bottom and slightly unreadable, but bios confirms the type/model to be 6473-PVU.
- Keyboard was replaced about a year ago, looks almost new
- LCD is excellent, clean and bright when powered on (no dead pixels, no mottling, scratches etc) a very nice upgrade to 1440x900 resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio
- Hinges are slightly loose but not a problem
- KB bezel has two defects on the right side, mainly visual defect, the two corners do not quite mate up properly. I think my wife banged it into something, she wouldn’t tell me because she knows I am a maniac about these things. I have had it apart and inspected carefully. Replacing the KB bezel would put it all right.
I will sell in one of four configurations. Asking prices include USPS Priority shipping within USA and AC adapter.
1. Bare bones, no main drive, no OS (includes internal original DVDRW) $209
2. Bare bones with Win 7 retail license, no main drive, (includes internal original DVDRW) $234
3. 64GB SSD with Win 7, (includes internal original DVDRW) $279
4. 64GB SSD with Win 7 plus a Hitachi Travelstar 250GB 5400rpm SATA hard drive installed in DVD bay with bay adapter, also include the original DVDRW drive $309
Thanks for looking! For faster reply, send me email mpcook at anactics dot com
PS. Will email photos of bezel area but it's hard to see the defect.
W520 QC (Eye tracker)
X201 P2.4 4GB SSD (Daily driver)
T43 XGA (In repair)
Macbook Pro late 2011 (The wife's)
IBM PC 5150
Past: 500 600E 600X T20 T21 5xT23 X30 3xX31 X32 T40 T42 2xT43 T43p SL510 T60p X60T X60s T61 T400 T410si T400s T500
Last edited by mpcook on Mon May 21, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.