Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad "Service Manuals"..

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
Norway Pad
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Thinkpad "Service Manuals"..

#1 Post by Norway Pad » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 am

Yesterday I was notified that eManualOnline was following me on Twitter. I clicked on the username and found that they at the same time as they added me, had posted that they have Thinkpad Service Manuals available.
eManualOnline ‏@eManualOnline 14h14 hours ago

Thinkpad Service Manuals for $17.99 http://www.emanualonline.com/Laptops/Lenovo.htmhttp://fb.me/7ypndur2H
I went to check what this was, and I can see no other possibility than that this is simply HMMs that are being sold here. I have no way to check them since I'm not buying, but from the description of the content, this seems like HMMs. I answered them, asking if these are copies of HMMs that are freely available elsewhere, but no answer, of course.

I'm hoping no one falls for this and actually buys something that's available for free. I also question the legal aspects around them selling and making money off of this, but that's not my cup of tea.
Bjorn
THINKPAD collector. Only missing a proper RetroThinkpad.

dr_st
Admin
Admin

Re: Thinkpad "Service Manuals"..

#2 Post by dr_st » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:55 am

Norway Pad wrote:I also question the legal aspects around them selling and making money off of this, but that's not my cup of tea.
That would depend on the license that Lenovo supplies with the HMMs. Redistribution may be restricted in some ways, or it may not be.
Thinkpad 25 (20K7), T490 (20N3), Yoga 14 (20FY), T430s (IPS FHD + Classic Keyboard), X220 4291-4BG
X61 7673-V2V, T60 2007-QPG, T42 2373-F7G, X32 (IPS Screen), A31p w/ Ultrabay Numpad