Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

What TrackPoint sensitivity (and height) do you prefer?

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
micrex22

What TrackPoint sensitivity (and height) do you prefer?

#1 Post by micrex22 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:37 pm

As per a comment by Saucey, I was curious what others have their TrackPoint sensitivity set to.

Generally I always set it to the maximum sensitivity and then set Windows sensitivity up as well. I'm actually surprised at how slow the default trackpoint settings are out of the box. If I used less sensitive settings, I imagine I would go through more soft rims (as the rubber is put under more strain).

And since Lenovo lowered the TrackPoint on their new keyboards, what affect does that have on you? For me I prefer if it's higher than lower (it's higher on the old IBM UltraNav SK-88xx series since they didn't bother implementing their own mechanism).

Anyone else?

brchan
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: What TrackPoint sensitivity (and height) do you prefer?

#2 Post by brchan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Acceleration under windows is slightly slow by default. On linux, it seems to be a bit faster. As for the height, I prefer the lower height on the newer keyboards (layout is a different story). There is much less of a chance of having the trackpoint rub onto the screen and cause permanent marks overtime (at least on a W530). The classic rough trackpoint gives great grip and finer control of acceleration for me than other caps.
Current Thinkpads: W530 (functional classic keyboard mod), X301, T61, T60, T43, A31p, T23, 600X, 770
Other: mk5 Toughbook cf-19, mk1 Toughbook cf-53