Any luck with doing this? Anyone figure out a way to downgrade BIOS flash?
1) Download the windows flash version of the BIOS you wish to downgrade to.
2) Run the file. When the file starts running, ignore it and open windows explorer. The file will run in the background and eventually reach the "you can't downgrade" error. You want this to happen so that it stops the winPhlash in progress and stops the failed "downgrade" from deleting the temp files.
3) DO NOT
click "ok" or whatever it says on the error popup. IGNORE IT for now.
4) In windows explorer navigate to /windows/temp/winphlash
5) Copy all the files to another location, e.g., C:\BIOS
6) Make sure that all of the files copied successfully, then you can finally click "ok" on the error from earlier.
7) Open the file: C:\BIOS\PHLASH.INI with notepad
8 ) Look for the lines that say:
9) Change the value from 0 to 1
10) Save your changes.
11) Now run WinPhlash.exe (as an administrator).
12) Once the WinPhlash is running, select the button labeled "Advanced Settings".
13) On the tab labeled "Flags" uncheck the box next to: "Flash only if Bios Version is newer than system"
14) Click "ok" to close the advanced settings box.
You should now be able to "downgrade" to the bios version listed in the folder by clicking the "Flash BIOS" button.