Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

IBM PS/Note 425 (pic warning)

LARGE picture files allowed here. Those with slow connections, beware!!! do NOT go here on your PDA or Cell Phone!
Saucey

IBM PS/Note 425 (pic warning)

#1 Post by Saucey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Looking this bad boy up I couldn't find anything other than a charger or maybe ram to buy. The ram module is kinda big as well but it is missing it, it looks like it has a 386 processor...
So far it won't boot, the screen flickers very quickly and while on AC power it seems it tries to boot every 11 seconds or so, with the power plug light coming on for that quick millisecond.
For this post I only had enough time to take photos, resize and upload them.

The body is maybe OK 6/10 condition, hinge is broken, few keys have scratched lettering. Keys feel nice and 'chompy' like the 365 :mrgreen:
I was able to take out the big battery out, looks like it hasn't exploded yet, the CR2025 lookalike seems dead and it seems it has Two AAA as well.

Here are some teaser photos. :) Click here to view the rest.I'm on my cellular device, let me know if link is broken/not viewable.
ImageImageImage

I think the AC adapter is toast, a T43 plug seems too small for it to fit. I haven't tried other laptop chargers... Kinda reminds me of a Sega Genesis plug, I was looking for other plugs that might be able to fit, but I left the house to a last minute dinner meet up. Luckily there is a wait time for me to post! 8)
Coffee, ThinkPads & Nikon Fan.

Current: PixelBook & Precision 7730
Old Favorites: A31p, T43p, T430s