Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Problem with printing to a Bluetooth printer

T60/T61 Series
TPBV

Problem with printing to a Bluetooth printer

#1 Post by TPBV » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:09 am

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad T60p (2007-93G) and up to now I had no problem with using my HP Deskjet 460 MobilePrinter via Bluetooth. However, a few days ago I updated my "Thinkpad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software" to v. 5.5.0.6400, and since then I have not been able to use the printer via Bluetooth.

I investigated the problem by opening the printer Properties panel (right-click on printer icon; down to Properties), and at the same time the printer window (double-click on printer icon). In the printer properties panel I clicked on "Print Test Page", and then observed what was happening in the printer window. The test page appeared in the printer window, stayed for some time, and then was deleted. It appears that the printer software was sending the data somewhere, but the data never arrived at the printer. It would appear the the Bluetooth printer port is not working, or is configured incorrectly.

If anybody else experienced a similar problem, I sure would like to hear it.

Also, does anybody know how I could get the previous version of this software (5.5.0.5800)?
Regards, BV

ZaZ

Re: Problem with printing to a Bluetooth printer

#2 Post by ZaZ » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:49 am

This is why I never update unless I need to cause it usually creates more problems than it solves. If you saved a copy of your SWTools folder, the Bluetooth software should be located in there. A system restore, which is sort of a blunt instrument, since it's only been a few days might be another option. You might find the software by popping your machine type into the downloads section on Lenovo.com. Sometimes there's older versions in there.
ThinkPad L14 - 2.1GHz Ryzen 4650U | 16GB | 256GB | 14" FHD | Win11P
ProBook 470 G5 - 1.6GHz Core i5 | 16GB | 2.2TB | 17" FHD | Mint

TPBV

Re: Problem with printing to a Bluetooth printer

#3 Post by TPBV » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:51 pm

I guess I learned the lesson the hard way. I finally restored my system from an old backup, and after a few hours of work everything worked -- including bluetooth printing.
Regards, BV