Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Integrated Camera not detected

T60/T61 Series
scareya

Integrated Camera not detected

#1 Post by scareya » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:10 pm

This is a problem that has been an issue for me for sometime, but I've been pretty busy until now to try to fix it. Anyway, here's the story:

I sent my Thinkpad T61 to Lenovo to fix my screen. When it came back, the webcam no longer worked. When I tried to install the drivers, I get "The Integrated Camera has not found!" Since this was about the time my warranty expired, Lenovo refused to do anything about it. Essentially, I pretty much on my own. I tried following the Lenovo diagrams of the motherboard in hopes to find a loose connection somewhere, but I'm not quite sure where the cable goes to...the documentation isn't that detailed.

Anyone have any suggestions?
JHU - Baltimore

richk

Re: Integrated Camera not detected

#2 Post by richk » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:13 pm

There are no extra motherboard cnnections. It is part of the LCD cable. There is a different LCD bezel. There is a different LCD caable and there is a little camera, that can be screwed up with rough handling. The LCD cable plugs into the camera module at behind the LCD bezel

scareya

#3 Post by scareya » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:25 pm

richk wrote:There are no extra motherboard cnnections. It is part of the LCD cable. There is a different LCD bezel. There is a different LCD caable and there is a little camera, that can be screwed up with rough handling. The LCD cable plugs into the camera module at behind the LCD bezel
Where is the LCD cable? I know there are 5 cables - 3 of which that connect to the wireless network card. Are the other 2 for the LCD? Where do they actually connect on the motherboard?
JHU - Baltimore

richk

#4 Post by richk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:03 am

The lcd cable is a ribbon, perhaps 1.5" wide. It plugs into the mb under the keyboard bezel, behind the thinkvantage button. It carries data signals to the panel, power to the inverter, plus leads to drive the light above the screen, the camera, bluetooth. It runs behind the panel.

scareya

#5 Post by scareya » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:12 am

Ok. That helps a lot. So since my screen works fine...I can assume that I need to check the connection of the camera at the top of the screen, correct? (If so, that's going to be tough because the screen doesn't want to come apart easily.)
JHU - Baltimore

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

#6 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:13 am

Don't try it on your own, use the HMM.
Download here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... MIGR-67980
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)