Step by step how to:
1) Hardware preparation.
2) Creation of the boot disk.
3) Install from the boot disk.
4) First reboot with the boot disk as boot loader.
5) Finishing (Kexts install + DSDT patch + Kexts (CpuPowerManagement & RTC) patch + Chameleon install + SSDT creation + Multibeast for wired card) & reboot without the boot disk. Please note that all kexts have to be installed in /System/Library/Extensions !1) Hardware:
BIOS Version: 1.28 Whitelist patched
CPU: Sandy Bridge Core i5 2520M 2.5GHz (TDP 35W - Max Turbo speed 3200MHz)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000, 0x0116 (same with MPB)
RAM: Samsung 4 GB
SSD: Intel 160GB SSD SATA
Wireless Card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (replaced with Dell DW1515, AR9280)
Ethernet Card: Intel 82579LM
Audio: Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD
Card Reader: Ricoh R5C822
Before starting you need to carry out the following on your computer in order to be able to boot Mac & get wifi working:
- Enter in bios and select Bios Legacy instead of UEFI everywhere you can find it (UEFI doesn't work with Mac install)
- Replace your wireless card by a Dell DW1515 and patch your BIOS
(without this patched bios you will not be able to see your wireless card).
- Select USB disk as first boot device.2) Creation of the boot disk:
Use the following link
, all steps are really fine detailed. Of Course replace all LION references to MOUNTAIN LION references and format your Stick with MRB as partition scheme ! if you let GPT you will not be able to boot your USB disk install.
and apply instructions step 5 only here: http://www.osx86.net/view/2815-osinstal ... 0.8.x.html
Use this Extra
folder into which one I have added FakeSMC. This will avoid some bugs as FakeSMC emulates your laptop as a real mac and help for hardware detection.
This set of kexts files will also enable PS2 mouse / keyboard and cancel the CPUPowerManagement.
Instead of the Chameleon version available in the link above, use the one provided in the link here-after (MOUNTAIN LION ready) called "Post Install" folder.
Create a folder with the name "Post Install
" at the root of your USB boot disk and put it the content of this zip-file which contain all you need for the post install.
- Chameleon install (Chameleon Enoch-rev.2054.pkg) --> bootloader.
- Multibeast (MultiBeast 5.0.2) ---> which contains kexts driver for wired card.
- Kext Utility --> Creation of the kernel cache and driver installation tool.
- Chameleon Wizard --> Used to define the boot loader options.
- DSDT Editor --> To patch your DSDT
- SSDT creation utility.
- Set of kexts (Voodoobattery, AppleACPIPlatform, PS2 Ultranav, AppleHDA, FakeSMC and their plugins).
- AppleCpuPowerManagement patch script & AppleRTC patch script.
- DSDT (USB, AppleHDA,… fixes) & SMBIOS (used for Hardware definition - the ones shown by About your Mac)
Keep in mind that this USB boot disk will help you in case of problem with your mackintosh install. For example after putting a bad kexts or doing an update which leads to a Kernel Panic (KP).
ALWAYS keep this USB boot disk as it in a safe place.3) Installation:
Boot on your USB boot disk.
Select you langage.
Click on Utilities & Select Disk Util.
Format / partition your futur Hackintosh disk. Select option and select MBR as partition scheme. X220 doesn't support GPT as partition SCHEME. Don't FORGET this, if not you will be not able to boot your mackintosh.
Start the Install & reboot.
Let the USB boot disk plugged into the USB port located at left top (the closest one of the screen at the left). This USB port is the first one used during the boot process.
Immediately after boot loader screen appears, select your freshly install as disk to be booted.
Doing this will boot your new hackintosh install with all important kexts present on you boot disk (AppleCpuManagement disabled & PS2 Mouse / Keyboard activated)4) Finishing:
Open finder and open the folder "Post install" located at the root of USB boot disk.
Install Chameleon without option (they will be defined with Chameleon wizard later). Just select a theme to be display at first stage of the boot loader and do not forget to select your hackintosh disk as disk destination.
Install Kext Utility, Chameleon Wizard, DSDT Editor into Apps folder.
Lunch Kext Utility, enter your password and wait for finishing. The kernel cache is created. Go into the folder /Post Install/Extra/Extensions. Select all kext and drag them into Kext Utility interface. This will install theses kexts and recreate the Kernel Cache (used to fast up to boot process).
Copy DSDT.aml, SMBIOS.plist from Boot disk /Post install/ to mackintosh disk /Extra. I recommend you this two files as a first step and then create your own DSDT.aml later based on this post
Create your own SSDT.aml as described here
(script located into USB boot disk /Extra/scripts). Open a terminal (spotlight and enter terminal) go to the scripts folder (cd /Volumes/name of your boot disk/Post install/scripts) and type as example for my case: sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh 35 3200.
Open Finder and select go & go to & enter /tmp. Copy the file ssdt-pr.dsl to your desktop.
Start DSDT Editor open the file with file & open ssdt-pr.dsl and select IASL & Compile, close the diagnostics window & then click on IASL & save AML as & enter /Extra/SSDT.aml. The SSDT has a strong influence the CPU behavior. Create yours !
Keep your terminal open and patch RTC with the following command:
- cd /Volumes/name of your hackintosh disk/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/
- sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' AppleRTC
Keep your terminal open and patch your AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement Kext :
- cd /Volumes/name of your boot disk/Post Install/scripts/AICPMPatch/
- sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch
Lunch Chameleon wizard, click on org.chameleon.boot and select the following options:
GUI for graphic user interface.
Time out to be set to 2 will let you 2 seconds before automatic boot.
Use Kernel Cache will speed up the boot process.
Generate P & C States for CPU PowerManagement.
Drop SSDT in order to use your own.
Lunch Multibeast and select this driver only:
This will install the driver of the wired network card, take care to install the driver into your hackintosh disk.
Start one more time Kext Utility to be sure to get an updated kernel cache.
Reboot without the USB disk & enjoy.
P.S.: I created the how to from my reminders. Some mistakes can be presents... I will correct the guide at each opportunity.
- VGA not patched, forget it and use the display port which one perfectly works (use adaptor is needed).
- SD card reader doesn't work.
- Bluetooth not activated. I never use it before it could be possible to get it working.Uptdate 1: Update to 10.8.2:
OemSMBIOS.kext blocks the boot process if AppleACPIPlatform.kext is not replaced by the one from my attached files (see post install link).
Update to 10.8.2.
reboot with -x, start Kext Utility then drag and drop patched AppleHDA.kext & AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Then reboot in normal way.Update 2: New version of FakeSMCFakeSMC4 rev627 ML Only
I have compiled this version for ML 64 bits 10.8.2.
Better estimation of the CPU ratio and frequency than the one I used before.Update 3: Combo 10.8.3
After Combo installation, reboot with using -x as Chameleon option (safe boot)
Launch KextUtility, install Patched AppleHDA & Patched AppleACPIPlatform (the lastest 10.8.1 from Multibeast).
Remove VoodooBattery and install AppleSmartBattery from available here
Reboot, this will solve boot problem, sound. & battery.
If no sound after these manipulations, check the selected output device in preferences --> sound.
Thanks to sot_33 & rugb for their findingsUpdate 4: imessages account
For those wanting to solve the login error.
Install packages here
Update with the chameleon included in the archive & launch Chameleon Wizard. Be sure to select FileNVRAM.dylib
After the first restart, I suggest to remove the extension FileNVRAM.dylib. I am not sure about the complete effect on the system.Update 5: 10.8.4 update
Install the Combo update.
Reboot with -x
Launch Kextutil & replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleHDA.kext & AppleSmartBatteryManagement for those using AppleACPIPlatform 10.8.1
Reboot & Enjoy