One post to summarize my installation method of 10.6.X on my X60t (based on Martin255's
and Silencer's DSDT
I'll try to keep this first post up to date ...My laptop:Lenovo X60t (6363-AQ8)
Intel CoreDuo 1,67 GHz (L2400)
3 Go / 320 Go / FW 400 / SD Card
Bluetooth / Wifi AR5BXB6 / Tablet (non multitouch)
GMA 950 / 12.1" (1024x768) ...
(This guide has also been successfully tested on X60s and T60 by xene here
)What you need:
- Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail DVD (29$ only !)
- 8 Go USB Key ("USB Key")
- 2,5 External HDD ("HDD Snow")
- Mac/Hack under 10.5/10.6 ("MacOSX")
- This Folder : MacPNT Package
(current version is "2011 02 15")
(I've made a BootCD_MacPNT
(X60 with a 10.6.0 Retail DVD) if you don't have a Mac/Hack or a 8GB USB Key and if you don't need MBR ... Just follow the "Step 2" of iBoot guide
and come back to "First Boot")0) Custom Package
1) USB Key
2) 10.6 Installation
3) First Boot
6) Temperatures and Fan Control
0) Custom Package
- If you have a CoreDuo and a GMA950 : you don't have to modify anything ! You can go to the step 1) !
- If you have a Core2Duo and a GMA950 : use the "X60 (Core2Duo / GMA950)" files.
Replace DSDT.aml and smbios.plist in /Extra
Replace LegacyX60T.kext in /Extra/Extensions
- If you have a Core2Duo and a GMA3100 : use the "X61 (Core2Duo / GMA3100)" files.
Replace DSDT.aml and smbios.plist in /Extra1) USB Key
Delete LegacyX60T.kext and VoodooHDA.kext from /Extra/Extensions
Copy LegacyX61T.kext and Intel82566MM.kext in /Extra/Extensions
Copy AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/
- On "MacOSX"
- Format the "USB Key" (HFS+) and the "HDD Snow" (HFS+)
- Restore Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail DVD on the "USB Key" (with disk utility)
- Copy /MacPNT folder on "USB Key"
- Install "Chameleon RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.9" ON THIS "USB KEY" (be careful this could damage your own hardware)
- Copy (or replace) /Extra folder from the package to the "USB Key" root folder
- If you need a MBR partition table :
- Launch "ShowAllFiles" and select "Show"
OSInstall.mpkg in /Volumes/"USB Key"/System/Installation/Packages
OSInstall in /Volumes/"USB Key"/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/
- Launch once again "ShowAllFiles" and select "Hide"
(The files of the packages are made for a 10.6.0 Retail DVD, and for a 10.6.3 Retail DVD)
- Launch "pfix" and select your "USB Key"2) 10.6 Installation
- Boot on the "USB Key"
- Install Snow Leopard on your "HDD Snow"
- On reboot, Switch off your laptop3) First Boot
- On "MacOSX"
- Install "Chameleon RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.9" ON THE "HDD SNOW" (be careful this could damage your own hardware)
- Copy /Extra on the "HDD Snow" partition with the one from the package
- Copy /MacPNT somewhere on "HDD Snow"
- Launch "pfix" on the "HDD Snow" partition
- Reboot on the "HDD Snow" partition4) Update 10.6.X
- Download the "Combo Update 10.6.X"
- Launch "pfix"
(Successfully tested with 10.6.1
Note: if you use "AppleHDA.kext" in /S/L/E/ replace it after each update before reboot and repair permissions ...5) SleepFix
- Turn off "use secured virtual memory" in System Preferences->Security ( to get rid of an annoying starting message "Error 192 ...")
- Turn On "startup automatically after a power failure" in System Preferences->Energy Saver
- Install "SleepWatcher" and "SleepWatcher Startup Items"
- Copy "rc.sleep" and "rc.wakeup" in /etc/
- In Terminal :
- Reboot6) Temperatures and Fan Control
- Copy the "DSDT.aml" file corresponding to your computer in /Extra/
- Copy "FakeSMC.kext" in E/E/
- Install "iStat v2"
- Run pfix or kextutility
- RebootWhat still doesn't work:
- VGA Out mode "Mirror" *
- IrDa **
- Modem **
- PCMCIA Slot ***
- Multitouch Tablet ** (May also work natively)*: "Desktop Extension" mode works vanilla, you can use this program to deal with mirror issues : Mirror (thanks nuskoolkiddie)
** : not tested yet
*** : Successful report with old 10.4 kext (thanks nuskoolkiddie)What has been fixed in DSDT:
- Native SATA
- Intel GMA950 / Intel GMA3100
- Brightness Control
- SpeedStep (P-States and C-States, CoreDuo and Core2Duo)
- HDA Disabler
- EHCI Fix
If this file does not work properly you can use DSDTstable.aml. Just press any key during the chameleon boot (black screen with chameleon on the top) and type
DSDT=/Extra/DSDTstable.amlContent of the "MacPNT 2011 02 15" Package:
- AsereBLN 1.1.9 Bootloader (Based on Chameleon 2 RC4) -> Source
- Extra Folder
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext v1.0.15 (to Enable battery meter)
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext v1.0.0d1 (to Enable keyboard/trackpoint)
FakeSMC.kext v2,5 (SMC emulation by Netkas) -> Source
LegacyX60T.kext (Custom Kext with Atheros "pci168c,1014"/Tablet Wacom "WACF004"/Power Management for "CoreDuo")
TabletEnabler.kext v1.1 (to enable Tablet)-> Source
VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Keyboard, Trackpoint and Tablet Buttons) ->Anastasius's post
VoodooSDHC.kext v1.1d1 (to Enable SDCard Reader) -> Source
VoodooTSCSync.kext v1.1 (to get rid of CPUs Sync issues ... probably not needed...) -> Source
smbios.plist (MacbookPro 1,3 profile, SMCPUType 513)
Themes (for Chameleon Bootloader)
- Kext Utility (v2.4.2) -> Source
- MBR Partition Fix -> 10.6.0
- pfix3 -> Source
- SleepWatcher for X60t
sleepwatcher_2.0.5.dmg -> Source
- Temperatures & Fan Control
- X60 (Core2Duo / GMA950)
LegacyX60T.kext ( ... /Power Management for "Core2Duo")
smbios.plist (macbookpro 2,3 profile, no SMCPUType)
- X61 (Core2Duo / GMA3100) ->Anastasius Files
Intel82566MM.kext -> Ethernet support
LegacyX61T.kext ( ... /Power Management for "Core2Duo")
smbios.plist (macbookpro 2,3 profile, no SMCPUType)
2010 04 12 : X60t v3
2010 06 16 : CoreDuo
2010 10 18 : CoreDuo
2010 11 17 : MacPNT
2010 12 16 : MacPNT
2011 02 15 : MacPNTHow to check if SpeedStep is enabled :
Open Terminal :
ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray
ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo
If Terminal returns something, it is OK !How to check if QE/CI is enabled :
Use Quartz Extrem CheckDual Boot with Win7 :
See Xene's postKernel Panic on Boot :
VoodooHDA issue : See Great Gatsby's post
Atheros Wifi issues : use the latest LegacyX60t.kext (old version panics with 10.6.5 and later)
Edit 2010/04/19 : VGA Out
Edit 2010/05/04 : DSDT fix list
Edit 2010/05/05 : CoreDuo / Core2Duo
Edit 2010/06/11 : X60s / T60
Edit 2010/06/15 : Combo Updates from 10.6.1 to 10.6.4
Edit 2010/06/16 : MacPNT Core(2)Duo Package Content(s)
Edit 2010/06/22 : Modifications according to feedbacks
Edit 2010/07/27 : PCMCIA successful report & Mirror app
Edit 2010/10/11 : Precision about different screen/resolution/tablet & 10.6.3 MBR files
Edit 2010/10/18 : HFS+, 10.6.3 MBR files, boot args, SMcputype CoreDuo, Older packages
Edit 2010/10/21 : Resolution 1400x1050 is OK, SleepFix
Edit 2010/11/15 : 10.6.5 and new Legacy kext
Edit 2010/11/17 : Legacy kext working with all updates, Merge in only one package, X61 with GMA3100
Edit 2010/11/22 : BootCD_MacPNT
Edit 2010/12/16 : New X61 files (from Insanelymac), VoodooPS2 instead of ApplePS2 to get tablet buttons (made by Anastasius), new rc to unload VoodooPS2 on sleep/wake.
Edit 2011/02/16 : Temperature & Fan Control, New X61 files made by Anastasius