Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

U430 Touch couple of questions size of letter related-SOLVED

E.g. 3000, IdeaPad, S- and U-Series, B-Series and so on...
fje
Sophomore Member

U430 Touch couple of questions size of letter related-SOLVED

#1 Post by fje » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:54 am

Hi, a friend of mine owns a Brand new Ideapad U430 Touch and has a problema related to the "on the side menus" of several programs.

If it uses the recomended screen resolution (High DPI), the options menú on the right side of the Adobe Reader, for instance, has a very small letter fonts size, that makes it really difficult to read.

There is a solution of put a worse resolution, but it is a bad solution, I agree with him.

So, first question, is there any way of solving this issue and having that "side menú" with a better letter size? I tried the "change the size of menus, titles, etc., but no success.

Additionally, I tried to siggest him to use the "magnifying glass" key, that used to be Fn+Space combination. In the U430 laptop it doesn't work, that combination is used for iluminating or not the keyboard. Is there any other key combination for that function?

The zoom function of the touch screen is suggested in some place, BUT it works with the document área of the PDF (again in Adobe reader), but it DOESN'T work in the right side option menú, that is the one that really needs to be magnifyed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks so much

Javier
Last edited by fje on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
600E, T42, T500, T440S

fje
Sophomore Member

Re: U430 Touch couple of questions size of letter related

#2 Post by fje » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi, finally we found, by hazard, the way to have the magnifyer glass in the screen:

Combination of "Windows" key (the one in between the Ctrl and the Alt keys) plus the "+" key

Regards.

Javier
600E, T42, T500, T440S