SL = older pent proc and T410 probably has the newer i series
so there might be a few(lots) of driver(s) that need updating.
I would suggest you try this ( done a few of these over the years)
1) get new hard drive for Sl410
2) Install into SL 410
3) USE T410 recover disk to install windows ( you can change keys after install to mach the bottom of machine if u like) > generally you will get a few 'errors' etc ,, jsut ignore them ,,,
as long WINDOWS BOOTS and works!!
4) after install - creat user etc ( tip = make EXECT SAME NAMES as before)
5) FIRST FIRST thing to download = Lenovo System Update 4.0X
After install - RUN that and DO INSTALL ALL of the HARDWARE DRIVERS FIRST !!!
( leave any 'apps" behind for now
6) Install WIndows SP1 etc
7) now go back and install rest of UPDATES via as u did in step5
You can NOW copy and data from other hard drive via USB connection - oh yeah , I would use 10 different virus + spyware apps to check BEFORE transfer !!
Lots of works manauly = but this method has worked for over 20+ tps for me in last .....forgot count by ooooldman !! Lol