Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Lenovo Solution Center Replacement for Thinkvantage on W510

W500/W510/W520 and W700/W701 Series
cannongeorge

Lenovo Solution Center Replacement for Thinkvantage on W510

#1 Post by cannongeorge » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:58 pm

I have a W510 (4318 CTO) running WIN 7 64 bit Professional Edition. Recently, when I tried to use ThinkVantage Tools to scan for updates I learned this software is no longer supported and has been replaced by the Lenovo Solutions Center.

Although the LENOVO support page lists a Windows 7 W510 computer is listed as a supported computer, the W510 is not listed in the "README" list of supported machines.

PLEASE, can anyone confirm, is there a Lenovo Solution Center download package available for this machine?

I believe there is a large base of other W510 users, (especially in Engineering Applications) using still relatively young machines, I can't believe Lenovo would abandon this entire legacy group of customers, who helped pave (and pay) for development of Lenovo successor products, especially after only a few short years.

Lenovo support refused to talk to me (as I am fresh out of warranty) but I am hopeful somebody in this forum can point me in the right direction? It'll be very painful to have to select and apply patches/updates one-by-one on a manually-selected "guess" basis.....

Thank you!

hgluvers

Re: Lenovo Solution Center Replacement for Thinkvantage on W

#2 Post by hgluvers » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:28 am

For checking what is available on updates, System Update is still available (I know reinstalled a used W510 yesterday)
Go to support.lenovo.com, enter in quickpath your machine spec (for mine it is 4391-ev5)
Select drivers&software
Category all, OS windows 7
search in the webpage for system update.
The downloadlink I got was: http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/think ... 8-2014.exe

The only thing which you do not get is the PC Doctor stuff, all other drivers/tools are selectable
regards and suc6
Henk