Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

External mouse and keyboard pressure erratic

R30/R40, A30/A31, G40/G50 and Z60/Z61 Series. NOT for AMD-Ryzen.
PrairieDog

External mouse and keyboard pressure erratic

#1 Post by PrairieDog » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Running Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit on Lenovo Z61t.

External mouse (wired Microsoft) requires heavy pressure to highlight text. One of the keyboard letters reguires extra pressure to function.

The keyboard is plug and play, Steren brand Spanish keyboard.

Both worked perfectly but first the keyboard presented a problem and then i started noticing the erratic mouse function.

Registry and chk dsk and defrag have all been run. Have not tried in Safe Mode but i have the feeling this is some kind of software setting that needs attention.

Advice please.

ZaZ

Re: External mouse and keyboard pressure erratic

#2 Post by ZaZ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:59 pm

PrairieDog wrote:Advice please.
Try it on another PC. That should tell you whether it's a hardware or software issue.
ThinkPad L14 - 2.1GHz Ryzen 4650U | 16GB | 256GB | 14" FHD | Win11P
ProBook 470 G5 - 1.6GHz Core i5 | 16GB | 2.2TB | 17" FHD | Mint

PrairieDog

#3 Post by PrairieDog » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Sorry. I should have said that the keyboard works normally on other computers. Have not tried the mouse but will do so. Thanx for the reply.

ZaZ

#4 Post by ZaZ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:51 am

Did anything happen between when it worked perfectly and now, like new software, it was dropped, virus, etc.? Getting the latest drivers and updates may help.
ThinkPad L14 - 2.1GHz Ryzen 4650U | 16GB | 256GB | 14" FHD | Win11P
ProBook 470 G5 - 1.6GHz Core i5 | 16GB | 2.2TB | 17" FHD | Mint

PrairieDog

#5 Post by PrairieDog » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:58 am

Good morning. Before i forget it...i ran in Safe Mode and the same 2 probs occur.

To answer your questions.

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 7 Ultimate and running all the updates from Microsoft and Lenovo everything worked normally. I re-installed several programs. Ran complete virus scan yesterday with 1 suspicious file found.

I have uninstalled drivers for both keyboard and mouse and re-started the computer several times.

The keyboard is in Spanish and after installing Ultimate i adjusted the necessary settings for it and the keyboard worked perfectly. A few hours later i notice that the key for Ñ does not respond unless it is pressed firmly and then ÑÑÑÑÑÑÑÑ . Obviously it is then necessary to delete all but one of the letters and then continue typing.

Incidentally I tested a new keyboard at the Steren dealer and with my laptop the keyboard had the same problem. Steren then attached the new keyboard to their desktop and the keyboard worked normally. Then we attached my keyboard to Steren computer and it worked normally too.