Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Bluetooth problem with T61

Windows 7 on ThinkPads
acz
Freshman Member

Bluetooth problem with T61

#1 Post by acz » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Hello, I hope this is the correct forum for my query.
My Thinkpad T61 is running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.
For about the last month or so, there is a long delay whenever I open Microsoft Word. The Word opening screen says
"Loading Add-ins (1 of 2) Send to Bluetooth" and sits there for about 30 seconds.
Powerpoint loads promptly, as always.
-- I have clicked around the the MS Word options, but have not succeeded in disabling the add-in. There is a security alert inside the Word Options complaining that the Broadcom certificate expired 4/20/2012. That is interesting because this error just started in early 2014, I never had any problem since 2012.
-- I re-installed the "Thinkpad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software" version 6.2.1.3100 from Lenovo using System Update 5.05.009, but that did not seem to change anything.
-- The Broadcom driver is called btusbbflt.sys and it is version 6.3.5.430 dated 4/8/2010
-- I downloaded a file from Broadcom called "SetupBTwDownloadSE.exe" which started to install but fails to detect the Bluetooth Device.
-- my iPhone 5s is able to connect successfully to the T61 with Bluetooth and play sounds through the computer speakers

Since this is a recent problem, I am wondering what changed on my machine recently. MS Office is not new, Win 7 is not new, and since the T61 is old, I have not loaded any new drivers in a year or so. My best theory is that something from Microsoft's monthly patches would be the significant change, but I cannot demonstrate that.

So at this point I am stumped, and would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.