Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T410s Password Manager Problem

Windows 7 on ThinkPads
donovan34

T410s Password Manager Problem

#1 Post by donovan34 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 am

I think I have narrowed the time the issue started down to an issue that I had to correct...not sure what I did to cause the original issue though.

Client Security Solution ver. 8.30.0023.00
Password Manager ver. 3.20.0311.00

I lost "trust" to the domain and had to downgrade to workgroup and re-join the domain and recreate the user. I recreated exactly the same information as far as I could tell and the password manager no longer auto fills in data. The reason I think I recreated the same data is once I logged back to the domain server and user name the desktop and files structure appeared the same on the laptop.

The password manager no longer auto starts and when I do start it if one of the previously auto filled windows opens it causes a delay like it is trying but then it fails and leaves it blank. Also, the password manager no longer will open so I cannot export passwords and reload...problem is that I have been using this for years so I have no idea what a lot of my system passwords, websites, etc are since I don't enter them.

Ideas? How can I see where the conflict is? Is there a way to debug the process while it is trying to run?

Need more info? will gladly provide.

Thank you,
Donovan