Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

x100e to get WIMAX Option Soon

X100e/X120e/X130e/X140e Series
GrandMasterKhan

x100e to get WIMAX Option Soon

#1 Post by GrandMasterKhan » Fri May 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Word up.
T61
Aloha!

The Solutor
Sophomore Member

Re: x100e to get WIMAX Option Soon

#2 Post by The Solutor » Fri May 21, 2010 2:19 pm

GrandMasterKhan wrote:Word up.

WIMAX will solve a problem that nobody has anymore, at least here in Europe where the HSPA networks are working pretty well.

WIMAX is simply too late to obtain any strong interest, even if backed by a giant like Intel.

GrandMasterKhan

#3 Post by GrandMasterKhan » Fri May 21, 2010 3:46 pm

BTW I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just updating the folks thinking about getting a new x101e. BTW, the Europeans may have solved wireless access in terms of getting a specific technology to reach critical mass but please focus on your economies. The strkes in Greece and the population not being able to wean themselves from the public it (mispelled) is deplorable. Get it together.
T61
Aloha!

The Solutor
Sophomore Member

#4 Post by The Solutor » Fri May 21, 2010 4:19 pm

GrandMasterKhan wrote:BTW I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just updating the folks thinking about getting a new x101e. BTW, the Europeans may have solved wireless access in terms of getting a specific technology to reach critical mass but please focus on your economies. The strkes in Greece and the population not being able to wean themselves from the public it (mispelled) is deplorable. Get it together.

I think that everyone and every state has to focus on something, but I think that this is the wrong place to discuss about international politics and economics.

My comment was only about the technical aspect of the wimax: was too good to be true when it was announced, now is just a redundant tecnology, with few pros and a lot of cons when compared with HSPA (and Hiperlan)

GrandMasterKhan

#5 Post by GrandMasterKhan » Mon May 24, 2010 11:47 am

NM
T61
Aloha!