Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

e535 feedback

Edge / E-Series
shaundinan

e535 feedback

#1 Post by shaundinan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:54 am

Hello! I am quiet pleased with my order of the Thinkpad E535 with the A4300m processor. It just arrived today refurbished from the Lenovo outlet within 3days of ordering. Though I am not a fan of windows 8's new user interface I am learning it pretty quickly it's just change that's all. So for the most part for the money I spent I am very happy with this computer. There are a couple things I just want to point out. I am not a fan of the mousepad but I use a wired mouse so no issue for me at all. I don't think I will use the little red mouse button in the middle of the keyboard but it hasn't bothered me yet. Also speaking of the keyboard, I am seriously in love with hopefully it won't change through wear. The laptop does run a bit warmer than I like, but I will be sure to buy a cooling pad asap and I recommend anybody who buys this laptop gets one. The screen I heard some bad reviews about it but really does not bother me at all. The cosmetic design of this laptop is absolutely sexy too was a great job. Now I like to do some gaming, and I didn't expect much out of gaming with this thing for the price I paid for it. I do have a rig built at home for gaming but I travel a bit. So out of curiosity I downloaded WoW and addons to give it a test. Now I play on the most populated server so when I was testing I was around a lot of activity going on. The recommended settings gave me on average 27-35 fps on Good. When I turned turned the settings to fair I got a surprising 40-60 fps. Now I know this isn't a gaming pc by far but it's really not that bad for WoW at all since I don't mind playing on fair settings as long as it runs smooth.

I also had a couple questions, I could google it but thought I could just ask here. What is the max upgrade for RAM on this model and I saw something about the touch pen thing though how do I work this? Thank you for any answers here.

TTY

Re: e535 feedback

#2 Post by TTY » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the write-up. Good to hear you like the keyboard. A couple of months ago, i tried one of the new keyboards myself while setting up a ThinkPad. During the short period of use, i also liked the new keyboard. From what i've heard, the mechanism beneath the keys is exactly the same as on previous keyboards, so i would expect these keyboards to last long. The maximum RAM for the E535 is 16 GB.

Return to “ThinkPad Edge / E-series”