thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
Goodbye Lorita, wherever you've gone..

If you've found this forum useful, please consider donating a dollar or two

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:37 pm 
Freshman Member

Just like those irritating televisions that dim the backlight in dark scenes and jack it up in bright ones, I've noticed that the Tablet 2 has some kind of dynamic contrast system as well. I don't mind that it adjusts the brightness based on the ambient light level, but I can't stand when it does it based on what's on the screen. Is there a way to disable this?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:31 am 

SurrealMustard wrote:
Just like those irritating televisions that dim the backlight in dark scenes and jack it up in bright ones, I've noticed that the Tablet 2 has some kind of dynamic contrast system as well. I don't mind that it adjusts the brightness based on the ambient light level, but I can't stand when it does it based on what's on the screen. Is there a way to disable this?

it is coming from power saving features in intel graphics, try to disable them all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 am 
Freshman Member

hhhd1 wrote:
SurrealMustard wrote:

it is coming from power saving features in intel graphics, try to disable them all.

I checked. The "Intel" control panel for that PowerVR video system is super-dumbed-down and really limited. I didn't see any kind of setting like that available in there.