Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

TP Helix 2nd: how to have Sierra 7345 WWAN-module work?!

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
friedrich-eugen
thinkpads.com customer
thinkpads.com customer

TP Helix 2nd: how to have Sierra 7345 WWAN-module work?!

#1 Post by friedrich-eugen » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:42 am

Hello,
I'm just refurbishing some Helix 2nd, initially to use my spares. After achieving proper installation of Windows 11, I have started to work on a pair of these.
The Helix 2nd 20ch 20cg (M-5<Y71/8GB-Variante) is a still fine machine and if You do not bother to install a heavy workload of software, it stays quick and swift.

After replacing bios-batteries, system-batteries and keyboard batteries, the systems are back and fine again ... I cleaned them out & after installed a M.2 Sata SSD (512GB). Windows 11 is installed, activated, all system go and fine.

But one: Sierra 7345 WWAN

Sierra 7345 WWAN does install properly (it seems) and seems working properly (Gerätemanager / Systems Manager), but Lenovo new diagnosis-tool does tell me,
it does not see a SIM-Card (so it does not test Sierra). WIndows 10 & Windows 11 the like.

Any help or advice?
(I have seen some advice, I do hesitate to follow (using some software for installation, change parts of it to update the firmware (!) of those. cards) and I consider uninstalling all sierra software & updates, than restart from scratch. But that probably would not do the trick?!)

Help and advice would be welcome!!
-friedrich-eugen-
started with IBM-XT & AST-Ascentia (910N) in the 90ties, relying on Thinkpads (770X, A31P, T60-61P Frankenp.) until 2017,
still using TP W530 FHD (i7 Nvida 2GB, 32GB, 500GB & 2TB SSD), X230T (i7 16GB/ 1TB), TP Yoga X390 (i7 16GB 2TB)
Windows 10 & Windows 11 Pro