|How to access the Advanced options and disable Secure Boot on Lenovo IdeaTab K3011W
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||k3011w [ Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm ]|
|Post subject:||How to access the Advanced options and disable Secure Boot on Lenovo IdeaTab K3011W|
Hello, this will be my first post here. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this tablet, as it is not an IdeaPad but an IdeaTab. But similar enough right?
I have looked around to see if anyone had any information on how to access the Advanced options, but have come up empty.
Decided I should post this after figuring it out so others can use these settings, they can provide you with some very useful options such as changing the language for the entire UEFI menu (I accidentally had mine stuck in Chinese for a week because of this) and enabling the debug port on the board.
1. You have to completely shut down your tablet.
2. Tap the power button until you see the green LED from your camera flash.
3. Once it has flashed, hold down the Home button and the Volume Down while watching the screen.
4. Keep holding down until you see a cursor flash on your screen, release the buttons once the UEFI menu loads up or the login screen if you have a admin password set. You should see the Advanced option in red now.
Should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/6pUgop9.jpg
(Sorry about offsite linking, images are a tad big to embed on page!)
Disable Secure Boot:
1. While in the UEFI menu, tap on the Security options
2. Make sure you're own the option for Account's Password Status
3. Set a Administrator Password by tapping the "Enter" button next to it.
4. Once you have set an Administrator Password, you should notice there's a new option to the left of the screen called "Secure Boot Configuration"
5. Tap the new option available and disable the Secure Boot Option by the toggle switch. If you would rather disable Protected Signatures and turn on Customized Signatures, tap "Enter" next to the "Change to Customization" and it will popup asking if this is what you would like to do.
6. Be sure to save your settings before restarting your tablet. You can also disable the admin password and secure boot will still be disabled, but the options to change secure boot will be hidden again until you set a admin password again.
I hoped this out some, if not, at least I know I tried helping!
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC-05:00|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited