Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

How to disable annoying top-right corner gesture ?

Windows 8 on ThinkPads
Puppy
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

How to disable annoying top-right corner gesture ?

#1 Post by Puppy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:12 am

There is very annoying gesture on my parent's E540 (Windows 8.1). Note that external keyboard, mouse and monitor are used. Stupid charms bar is already disabled in registry. Steps: all windows are minimized to taskbar, move mouse cursor over "emtpy" desktop to the top-right corner, press left mouse button and drag it to the center of screen. Now the screen (on primary external monitor, internal notebook display is turned off) shrinks to the half width, left half is black and right half displays whole desktop. There is a resizer (three white dots) in the middle that you can drag to the left side and revert is back.

How this can be disabled ? :twisted: Thanks.
ThinkPad (1992 - 2012): R51, X31, X220
Huawei MateBook 13

Cigarguy
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: How to disable annoying top-right corner gesture ?

#2 Post by Cigarguy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Ah Charms, about 8 months ago I've spent considerable time and frustration Googling trying to find a way to disable it. But alas can't and switched back to 7. It drove me batty. Really really hoping that Charm have been removed my MS for Win 10 as rumored.

dephe

#3 Post by dephe » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:40 am

Cigarguy wrote:Ah Charms, about 8 months ago I've spent considerable time and frustration Googling trying to find a way to disable it. But alas can't and switched back to 7. It drove me batty. Really really hoping that Charm have been removed my MS for Win 10 as rumored.
Right click Taskbar, Click Properties, Click Navigation, Uncheck the first Box

Cigarguy
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#4 Post by Cigarguy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:42 am

^^^ Already done this. Yes it will disable Charms popping up when the mouse is pointed to the top right corner. But it will not stop charms from annoyingly popping up when swiping in from the right edge on a touchpad.