Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Trying to connect my bluetooth speaker with my T430s

T430-T490, T530-T590 Series
vmqt

Trying to connect my bluetooth speaker with my T430s

#1 Post by vmqt » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:14 am

Hi, I've bought my T430s a couple of months ago (was reset to factory default by the seller with almost no drivers installed) and I'm trying to connect my UE BOOM 1 bluetooth speaker via bluetooth in order to listen my music.
However the laptop doesn't recognizes UE Boom as a speaker once it is paired but as an "other device"
(Image).
The Bluetooth settings seem to be right
(Image),
I've updated the Thinkpad bluetooth app (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/fr/fr/oldd ... s/ds029104) with no effects.
What can I do ?

Thank in advance !

TankPad
Sophomore Member

Re: Trying to connect my bluetooth speaker with my T430s

#2 Post by TankPad » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:04 pm

I've had similar problems connecting with my X220 and T420 in the past. I needed to open
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers
Right click your device and click "Properties".

Then click the "Hardware" tab where it'll list Bluetooth services it has installed drivers for.

Go through them and remove any that don't relate to the function of your Bluetooth device, then reconnect and it should work (At least in my case).

Dunno why it does this, but I've had issues with various Bluetooth headsets and a Bose SoundLink.
| 701c | X220 | T420 | X230 | T430s | W540

UMPC2024

#3 Post by UMPC2024 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:35 pm

I've had that problem in the past and what I had to do was completely remove the UE boom from devices and start the pairing from scratch. Keep in mind that the UE boom can only connect up to two devices at once.

I can't find the links I've used in the past to get it working, so here's another one I found on Google http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/boom/support.
Under the question: How do I use UE boom with a computer?
Turn the speaker on.
Hold down the Bluetooth button (above the power button) until you hear a tone. <-this is important to do or else it won't properly pair

NOTE: The Bluetooth connection button will blink rapidly, meaning the speaker is ready for pairing. <-should be the top power button LED
Open your Control Panel.
Select Hardware and Sound.
Select Devices and Printers.
Select Bluetooth Devices.
Click Add a device.
Select UE BOOM from the list of devices, and then click next.

NOTE: If the Bluetooth Device Control window opens, expand the Headset type menu and select "My hands-free device UE BOOM does not have a display" and then click Apply.

Once your speaker is paired and connected, you’ll have to select the UE BOOM as the default playback device in the Windows Sound settings. Here’s how: <-driver installation might take a while so be patient

Open your Control Panel.
Select Hardware and Sound.
Select Manage audio devices (under Sound).
Select "Speakers Bluetooth Hands-free Audio" and click Set Default.
Click OK.

joy.ang

#4 Post by joy.ang » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks it solved my problem with my doss soundbox touch and jbl bluetooth speaker at first I was wondering why it was not working on my thinkpad and to my bestfriend laptop I was about to think my 2 bt speaker is broken and was about to bring it back to store, many thanks!