Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X230 USB 2.0 takes over 15 seconds to initialize mouse

X230-X280, X390 Series
Icee

X230 USB 2.0 takes over 15 seconds to initialize mouse

#1 Post by Icee » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

I picked up a great X230 laptop with an IPS screen for a great price. So far I'm loving it. I've upgraded from an X61T. I do miss the X61T's high resolution screen though.

While playing with the laptop, I noticed that if I have my USB mouse plugged into the always on USB 2.0 port on the right, it takes around 15 seconds for the mouse to wake up and become available to use after waking the laptop from a suspend. If I plug the same mouse into one of the USB 3.0 ports, I can move the mouse around about a second after waking the laptop from suspend.

Is there something I need to update to get the USB 2.0 port to recognize the mouse faster (or as fast as the USB 3.0 ports) after waking up from suspend? I'd rather leave the usb 3.0 ports open for hard drives and such. Right now, I'll use the trackpoint in the beginning to get around.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Icee

Re: X230 USB 2.0 takes over 15 seconds to initialize mouse

#2 Post by Icee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:18 am

Update: The problem seems to have worked itself out between updating Windows, turning on and off the "Allow this device to wake the computer" in the Device Manager and playing with the USB always on option in the BIOS. The USB 2.0 port is as quick to initialize as the USB 3.0 ports. :D