Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Problem with L530

L430/L530 and later Series
makocko

Problem with L530

#1 Post by makocko » Thu May 08, 2014 8:14 am

Dear all,

I am having a weird problem with my a bit more than a year old L530 (with i3 2,4 ghz, 4 gb ram, 500 gb hdd, original win 7 home); the symptoms are the following:
- the red light that indicates that the sound is muted in not as bright as it used to be
- the green light around the power button became very dimm
- if I press button for mute sound or mute microphone, certain keys on the keyboard don't work. If those keys are not pressed, all keyboard buttons work fine

I've tried the following to solve the problem:
- I've run Lenovo Solution Center diagnostics tool and it doesn't show any hardware errors
- I've removed the battery and put it back in, but it doesn't change anything

I've noticed this problem a bit after the following events that would possibly cause this problem:
- I spilled a little water over the keyboard; I doubt that this could be it, since the amount of water was really minimal and the keyboard is water resistant
- I think that some patches were installed through Windows Update

Any ideas on how to solve this problem or what could be the reason for this?

Thank you for your answers

TTY

Re: Problem with L530

#2 Post by TTY » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 am

Hallo and welcome to the forum :-)
makocko wrote:- I spilled a little water over the keyboard; I doubt that this could be it, since the amount of water was really minimal and the keyboard is water resistant
Please excuse the late response. The keyboard will allow water, that gets spilled, to seep out through holes to the underside of the computer. But that doesn't mean it would actually be water resistant, it can probably still get damaged by liquid. If the keyboard still doesn't work correctly after all this time, get the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your notebook from the Lenovo support site, follow its instructions on how to remove the keyboard. Let it dry. And i think you should allow the keyboard to dry for a few days outside the notebook. Check whether components under the keyboard also have become wet. If yes, take the notebook apart to such an extent that everything, that is wet, can dry. Put the notebook together again.