Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad Yoga S1 Keyboard & Digitizer

Discuss the ThinkPad-branded Yoga
mpierce

ThinkPad Yoga S1 Keyboard & Digitizer

#1 Post by mpierce » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Using WIN10...
In the right hand corner of the task bar next to the time and date, I have an option to select various keyboards (4 types). Somehow, the ability to select the keyboard with the pen (and another one to the right of it) is no longer available.

This gave me the ability to write on the keyboard and then press enter for my handwritten text to be inserted into a document.

This does not seem to be a hardware issue as I've run a hardware scan with everything passing and I can recalibrate my Wacom pen without issue. The pen will even write in Word or One Note directly.

Does anyone know why this selection is "greyed" out and unavailable. I'm thinking it might be a software issue.

Thanks for any replies!

mpierce

Re: ThinkPad Yoga S1 Keyboard & Digitizer

#2 Post by mpierce » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:41 pm

What I'm referring to can be seen on this page:
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how- ... windows-10

The Pen Layout keyboard is no longer able to be selected.

mpierce

Re: ThinkPad Yoga S1 Keyboard & Digitizer

#3 Post by mpierce » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:08 pm

I've managed to resolve this issue as it was a software issued caused by a Win10 upgrade that corrupted my installed language pack. I removed the Australian language pack and reinstalled it. The pen keyboard for use with handwriting then displayed. Win10 has upgraded the display to include the ability to select a language to use with the keyboard (I now have US, Australia & Australia International).