Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Security Setup Wizard keeps appearing on startup

Operating System, Common Application & ThinkPad Utilities Questions...
thomase13
Freshman Member

Security Setup Wizard keeps appearing on startup

#1 Post by thomase13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:57 pm

I put off setting up my security software with fingerprint reader for ages, and just got around to it yesterday. The wizard popped up every time I started up since I got my ThinkPad, but when I went through the wizard and set everything up, it finally stopped popping up.
Shortly after, I went poking through the advanced settings of the ThinkVantage Client Security Solution program and accidentally clicked "Reconfigure security settings". This brought up the same wizard again, and made me re-enter all of my passwords and security questions, which was quite a hassle. This is the time it failed at the "system keys" part of setup; the first time took longer, but it was successful.
My problem is the Wizard which keeps popping up every time the computer restarts, but the "system keys" step is where the wizard gets stuck, so I thought that might be the cause of the problem.

My big reward at the end of this was supposed to be the wizard leaving me alone at startup, but he will not stop his familiar haunt!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

P.S.
I originally tried to post this on a Lenovo forum, but unfortunately, my e-mail was banned again, since I tried to change e-mail addresses. I now cannot post or PM anyone on the forums. Let me know if you have experience with this sort of thing!