thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
Goodbye Lorita, wherever you've gone..

If you've found this forum useful, please consider donating a dollar or two

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:43 pm 

Not sure if this is well-known or not, but I went through a bit of trouble figuring out how to install the Client Security Solution on Windows 7 and then getting the Password Manager to work with Firefox 3 with fingerprint authentication for websites. Hope this helps someone.

How to install Client Security Solution on Windows 7:

1. Download the software from Lenovo at http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... 69986.html
2. Open the file tvtcss82v64_0023ww.exe to begin installation.
3. When you get an error message about the wrong OS, do not click "OK." Instead, locate the file "Client Security - Password Manager.msi" (Look in "Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\{xxxxxxxxxxxxx}" - Note that the last folder is a randomly generated temp folder. The easiest way to find the right one is to look at the date it was created). Once you find the file, copy it to your desktop.
4. Open the file from your desktop with Windows Install Editor using Wise Package Studio. Download a free copy at https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?_re ... _id=55188&
5. Go to the Setup Editor and find "Launch Conditions" on the Product Tab.
6. Remove the Condition "VersionNT64=600 OR Installed" and save the package.
7. Click "OK" on the error message that still remains on your desktop from attempting the installation.
8. Run the .msi file from your desktop and complete the installation

How to install the Firefox Password Manager plugin:

Download the addon from: http://www.badongo.com/file/9982841 and drag the file into the firefox addon screen.

OR you can do the modifications yourself:

1. Find tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi in Client Security Solution install directory (C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution)
2. Open it using your fav zip program (I used 7-Zip)
3. Change install.rdf and update <em:maxVersion>2.0+</em:maxVersion> to <em:maxVersion>3.0+</em:maxVersion>
4. Open chrome/tvtpwm.jar
5. Edit content/tvtpwm.js and replace window.addEventListener("load", onLoad, true); with following:
window.addEventListener("load", function () { gBrowser.addEventListener("load", onLoad, true); }, false);
6. Now install tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi. You can do this by opening "Add-ons" window (Tools/Add-ons menu) and drag-and-drop xpi file in it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:20 pm 

What hardware are you running?
I tried this on a T400 (specs in signature), and it didn't seem to work. CSS installed, but on reboot did not show up in menu, and my fingerprint reader is still not working.
I also have installed the fingerprint software from the Lenovo Win7Beta site.
When it comes up, it says that it cannot communicate with the sensor.
It shows up in Device Manager and says it is working fine, but it is completely dead in Win7.

Help!?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm 
Freshman Member

I'm running IBM Client Security. What's involved in updating to Thinkvantage client security?