Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Color profile problem

Operating System, Common Application & ThinkPad Utilities Questions...
EXCrosslink

Color profile problem

#1 Post by EXCrosslink » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:48 am

Hey all,

I'm having a problem getting an ICC color profile to work on my Thinkpad. The ICC profile is already created but I can't seem to get Windows to set it automatically everytime I start the machine. The problem lies in the Color profiles tab of the advanced Display Properties window.

As the on-board graphics of my R51 has dual-view capabilities, I have two monitor devices listed. The default monitor that is listed is "Default Monitor" instead of the IBM LCD 1024x768 and as such, I am actually applying the color profile to an external device instead of the notebook's display and there is absolutely no way I can change the default monitor to the LCD display for which the color profile should go to!

Does anyone here have any suggestions? I've tried removing the default display devices from the Device Manager but Windows reinstalls them everytime I reboot!

Best Regards,
Terry

ibmuser

#2 Post by ibmuser » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:23 pm

Even if you don't download the file off this page, look at the install instructions:

http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... MIGR-44320

Fiish

#3 Post by Fiish » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:45 am

You could try this:

Go to where the ICC profile files are stored (Should be C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\Color), and if you right-click on the ICC profile you want, there should be an option called [Associate...] in the context menu.

Select it and a property dialog will pop up containing a list of displays associated with the ICM file (i.e. displays in whose list the ICC profile is). Using the [Add...] button you should be able to associate your LCD panel with the selected profile, even without being able to access the monitor under Display Properties.