Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T43 get resource conflict pci on motherboard

T40/T41/T42/T43 Series
pboneal

T43 get resource conflict pci on motherboard

#1 Post by pboneal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm

I have a T43 that was getting resource conflicts pci on the motherboard and would not attempt to boot windows. Just for grins I placed it on my leg and pressed on the left and right side of the laptop to flex it and it booted up. Does this mean the motherboard need to be replaced?

Thanks

poshgeordie
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: T43 get resource conflict pci on motherboard

#2 Post by poshgeordie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am

Hi

Flexing that (even for grins...) is not a good idea at all and could cause other issues.

If it works when flexing like that it does indicate a possible unsoldered chip.

Can I suggest you remove the wifi card, and CD Drive from the board and see if that makes any difference.

Also go into the bios and press F9 to reset it to default settings in case there's something there.

A possible issue is that the Southbridge has come unsoldered. It controls just about everything on the thinkpad and I guess that it's possible it could cause such an issue.
Try pressing down on the palmrest just to one side of the trackpad (opposite to flexing!) and see it if works.
Even better is to remove the palmrest and the wifi card underneath (under the trackpad) and to press on the top of the SB which is under the card.

Also is it a new Windows install, or did it suddenly happen one day?

I realise it's a bit of a shot in the dark but is worth a check.

Nick