Don't feel bad, almost everyone expects the discs to install the OS the first time we used them too.
I beg to differ. The "Product Recovery CD for Thinkpad T30 Type 2366, 2367" Disc Set will install Windows XP and IBM Utilities (e.g. PC Doctor, Battery MaxiMiser, etc.)
It did a clean wipe of the drive so I put the recovery discs in all three went through ok but on the last one it says remove disc from computer and press enter. Then a black screen comes up which says,missing operating system. I though xp pro gets loaded off the discs. Any ideas?
Your install failed at some point in the middle of the installation process. My notes say:
1) IBM Product Recovery Program ver 5.7
2) Reinstall hidden partition [y/n]
3) Main Menu/Factory Contents
--Reformat HD/Install Windows XP/Install Device Drivers/Install pre-installed
4) Main Menu/System Utilities
5) Agree to MS end user license [y/n]
6) WARNING - Delete all data files Confirm [y/n]
7) WARNING - Refermat HD [y/n]
A series of PKUNZIP FAST! messages
9) Main Menu Reappears
-- Remove CD & Restart Computer press [Enter]
10) Windows XP Pro Setup (with DOS Text interface)
11) 30 mins later Computer restarts with Windows XP Pro Set-up (with graphic interface)
At what point did your computer screen go black?
F1 - Bios Setup -- Does your BIOS recognize your HD? Mine shows the Hitachi ("HTS...) model number.