thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 pm 

Good day.

Unfortunately i broke my old motheboard with SU2300 (x200s ns13trt). So i've bought new motheboard with SU9400 (part number 63Y1094). But this motheboard has clean bios without model number, so... i can't use Lenovo update. How can i write correct model number in my new motheboard bios, and which model number i should use?
Can i get out Lenovo sertificate for Windows activation from old motheboard bios backup?

p.s. This motheboard has: SU9400, ATM and TPM modules.
p.p.s. Sorry for my bad english :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 pm 
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Welcome to the forum!

You'd need a Hardware Maintenance Diskette which is considered Lenovo's proprietary software and not available to general public.

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

Running Linux while collecting SSDI: A31p, T42p

Abused daily: R60F, R500F, T60, T61, T410

For sale: T601 QXGA FrankenPad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:58 am 

Ok. I downloaded HMD (i7tm30us from lenovo). Last version of HMD able to make boot usb flash - this is good. According HMM for x200s i need information from my broken board to make new UUID, but my old motheboard rest in peace and it has different configuration unlike new one. What i need to do in this situation ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 am 
Deactivated

Houl777 wrote:
Ok. I downloaded HMD (i7tm30us from lenovo). Last version of HMD able to make boot usb flash - this is good. According HMM for x200s i need information from my broken board to make new UUID, but my old motheboard rest in peace and it has different configuration unlike new one. What i need to do in this situation ?

Let me offer unorthodox advice that you won't get from IBM.
1. forget the model number in the BIOS, that's for people with OCD.
2. Forget ThinkVantage Update, aggessively updating drivers can be more trouble than it's worth but it stokes your OCD, keeping your drivers updated isn't the same as keeping your immunizations current, in fact too many people report hard to solve and debilitating issues after jamming Lenovo updates and can result in ThinkPads that overheat, or just reboot for no consistent reason among other things.
3. Use a SLIC'd, whitelisted BIOS to skip the Windows validation check, take your machine type / model number and search the forum page at: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... ENOVO-(IBM)-Bioses-especially-Thinkpad.
None of those numbers you've posted so far are useful, ThinkPad's use their MACHINE TYPE and model Number as reference points, you've thrown out FRU part numbers that one would obtain after Croxxreferencing a machine type.
the majority of the members here, hang out at the digitallife forums and tamper out Lenovo's BIOS's.

If you can't find your whitelsited bIOS over there, pm me and I'll see if I have it. But don't waste my time asking for a BIOS I find already listedover there since it will reveal your lack of effort and my unwillingness to hlep you furhter.