I have an X220 with Windows 8 preview installed on a second hard drive. I have not even looked at "Windows 8" in 2 or 3 months [shows you how impressed I was].
I decided to boot it up with Windows 8 again and see about these Fn hotkeys.
* First I installed the Windows 8 version of Hotkey Features for the X230 - no joy.
* Uninstalled that version of Hotkey Features and installed the Windows 7 version of Hotkey Features for the X220 [had to install .NET 3.5 as well] - still no joy, but left Hotkey Features and .Net installed.
* Installed ThinkVantage System Update 5 for Windows 8 and installed everything it offered except the Fingerprint Reader (I don't use it).
* For some reason System Update could not download the Lenovo Power Management Driver for Windows 8, so I downloaded it manually and installed it.
* Had to manually download the ThinkVantage Communications Utility for Windows 7 and install for the camera to work.
* Had to manually download the Intel Chipset Driver for Windows 8 and install for Power Manager to work.
* Note, I already had the ThinkPad UltraNav driver installed from before.
Bottom Line? Fn+F2, Fn+F4, Fn+F5, Fn+F6, Fn+F7, Fn+F8, and Fn+F12 all work as they should. Fn=F3 doesn't seem to do anything, although it should either bring up the Power Manager menu or else turn off the display (as it does in Windows 7).
Everything is available from the link below.http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/researc ... MIGR-77280