thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
Goodbye Lorita, wherever you've gone..

If you've found this forum useful, please consider donating a dollar or two

It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:15 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:01 pm 
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Location: North Carolina, ...in my mind I'm going to Carolina.....
Quote:
What pi$$es me off is the way the US "worships" Veterans (except those of WW-II).
The US fights and loses wars in foreign countries (like Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq) that are none of their business to begin with.
Then those that get killed, wounded or go daft there are treated here as heroes, WTF?
They are not defending their own country, they all volunteered to kill people in other countries, why should they be honored?

Yes, brilliant insight there Keyboard Commando.
This from the guy who is crying to the internets because his country is in turmoil or some whinning blabber, LOL. Maybe beer will solve the problem.

Off Topic seems to be the meeting place for the FWBA (foreigners with bad attitudes)

I'll speak for all those Loser Veterans, since I spent 21 years in the US Army as a loser.

Banning me again in 5,4,3,2, :jhem:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:20 am 
Admin
Admin

Looking at the comments about your glorified signature link, my observations are not that far off and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:36 pm 

The thing is that not all soldiers buy into this nationalism.

Plenty of soldiers came back realising that they participated in morally questionable wars.

A serious point has been raised, the wars since Korea have been dubious at the very least. If you cant question those motives there's something wrong with you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:41 am 

Well, getting back to the topic the things that are happening in Europe now are not something to laugh at.

On the one side, I'm happy to live in a country that nobody wants to emigrate to. On the other side however, I'm living too close to Russia. Who knows, maybe there are some separatistic moves in Poland (and separatists themselver are armed with homemade Russian Federation uniforms, tanks and nukes).

I guess whole Shenken-Europe (+UK and Slovenia) have one common problem, while East-Block (Ukraine, Georgia and Finland) has another.

Tough times in Europe.

R61f - wife
R61f - kids
Collectibles:
T43, Z60t, G41, R30, R50e
Under construction:
A31, 600X, R52p, T22, A22m, R40, T30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:08 am 
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

wujstefan wrote:
On the one side, I'm happy to live in a country that nobody wants to emigrate to.
Same here :) Who would have guessed it ten years ago. Now it looks like a big advantage because Sweden and Belgium are already lost countries and Germany is getting closer.

I had thoughts of moving to Germany many years ago because local economic situation where prices of everything are doubled compared to Germany (using exchange rate) but salaries are still 1/4 only. This is constant setup that will never change. People who live close to borders with Germany, Austria or Poland buys everything there (especially food) for 15 years because it is cheaper and better quality but the Prague city location is in the middle of the country so we're out of luck here.

But now it seems as living in a poor second grade colony of western global companies has its advantages, unfortunately :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:49 pm 
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/04 ... -egg-hunt/