thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
Goodbye Lorita, wherever you've gone..

If you've found this forum useful, please consider donating a dollar or two

It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 1:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 pm 

Digitalhorizons wrote:
The entire laptop won't even turn on, or did the SSD just die? The one that came with mine didn't even have anny name or numbers on the casing.

The SSD died about 10 minutes after I first turned on the computer. Complete drive failure. I tried to boot from USB, and couldn't do that. That's when I just decided to return it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:14 am 
Freshman Member

I wonder what prevented booting from USB, I know the bios UEFI settings are a pain if you've never navigated them before, let us know what your next thinkpad find is. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 am 
Freshman Member

devconk wrote:
Digitalhorizons wrote:
The entire laptop won't even turn on, or did the SSD just die? The one that came with mine didn't even have anny name or numbers on the casing.

The SSD died about 10 minutes after I first turned on the computer. Complete drive failure. I tried to boot from USB, and couldn't do that. That's when I just decided to return it.

OH, there was somethign important you should do, but it's up to you, you should tell ebay he's knowingly selling computrace activated laptops and only weasewording his way out of it by not looking in the bios to see if it's activated before sending it to you, that's why he said he wouldn't "knowingly" send me a computer with computrace on it, and then he doesn't warn newer buyers like you that it's on there, and neglects to check if it's activated, it's unethical and underhanded. And I'm sure everyone here would agree.