Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ACmurocHlpr.exe

T40/T41/T42/T43 Series
matehead
User with bad email address, PLEASE fix!

ACmurocHlpr.exe

#1 Post by matehead » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:42 am

Hi. I've got a ThinkPad T43p and everytime I shut down the computer I've got a message saying that the process AcmurocHlpr.exe is not responding and so I have to manually terminate the process by clicking the End Now button, It is very annoying. I am using Thinkvantage Access Connections 4.12, CSS 6.01, and R&R 3.01.
Anybody knows what the problem might be and how can i fix it?
I already increased Windows XP shutdown time by editing the Registry (kb=305788) but it didn't help.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks

davidspalding
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#2 Post by davidspalding » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:38 pm

Don't even find it on my system. Use Start -> Search -> files and folders and search your drive(s) for that file. When found, right-click it and see what properties it has (publisher, full name, version, etc.). Let us know the results.

[edit] Oh, it IS in there. Odd that Windows search did NOT find it. :(

And there are no version info in the properties of the .EXE and the like-named .DLL.
Last edited by davidspalding on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2668-75U T43, 2GB RAM, 2nd hand NMB kybd, Dock II, spare Mini-Dock, and spare Port Replicators. Wacom BT tablet. Ultrabay 2nd HDD.
2672-KBU X32, 1.5GB RAM, 7200 rpm TravelStar HDD.

jdhurst
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by jdhurst » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:44 pm

The file is on my system in the Connect Utilities folder where Access Connections 4.12 resides. I'm not experiencing any problem with it, though, and cannot answer the first post. ... JDH

matehead

#4 Post by matehead » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:24 pm

Yes, that's exactly where AcmurocHlpr.exe is located. In the Connect Utilities folder where Access Connections 4.12 is located.
Anybody knows which is the function of this program? Is a there a way to turn it off at startup. I used MSconfig and other uitilities to check the programs running at startup but I couldn't find this specific one.
Thanks

dorin

#5 Post by dorin » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:25 pm

since when you have that problem? did you got the pb after install any programs?

i had same problem after installing total recorder full pg, after searching on the net i realised it was a pb with some of its freatures, deactivated and no pb.

so my bet is that you have a conflict with one of your programs. now check what extra pg are you having, and google them in combination with AcmurocHlpr.exe

hope you;ll make it!
X40 (2386H6G) 1.4Ghz 1.5Gb 40Gb

matehead

#6 Post by matehead » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:50 am

Found the problem!. There was a conflict between Access Connections 4.12 and a little piece of software called MBNA ShopSafe that I use to generate temporary, virtual credit card numbers to use for secure online shopping. I disabled the automatic startup of ShopSafe and now when I shutdown the computer everything turns off without any problem, I do not get the AcmurocHlpr.exe warning message any more. I have no clue why those two programs conflict with each other but at least I found a way to fix the computer shutdown.
Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions.

GomJabbar

#7 Post by GomJabbar » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:13 pm

That must have taken some real sleuthing to ferret that out. Glad you solved your problem. :)
DKB

kstuart
Sophomore Member

#8 Post by kstuart » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:33 pm

I've also been having problems with AC hanging the system on resuming from standby.

Killing ACMUROCHLPR.exe stops the hanging, but it also breaks the FN-F5 functionality.

A web search finally turned up some evidence:
Intel has already released the 2200BG which includes both 802.11b/g under the Centrino brand name. Look for Calexico II (Intel codename) wireless with 802.11a/b/g functionality with better Bluetooth integration when Alviso debuts. Other technologies to look forward to are 802.11n which should double the speed of 802.11g but Intel has no plans right now of integrating this into its Centrino (Calexico) line-up. WEP was replaced with a better standard known as WPA. WPA was meant as an interim fix until 802.11i security is released in early 2005. Most manufacturers will have firmware upgrades from WPA to 802.11i available around the products release. (802.11i is just a security protocol and note another form of wireless networking like 802.11g.) Along with the release of Calexico II, Intel will feature new wireless configuration software, codenamed ‘Muroc’, that provides a much easier to use interface. Intel has also built in hardware-based AES encryption which replaces the current DES encryption.
So, it seems related to getting AC to work properly with Intel wireless, but evidently not perfectly. :)
- Ken Stuart

T40 (2373-12U) 1.3ghz, 1.5gb, 40gb5k80, 14"XGA, 2200bg, 9-cell, Infocase
600X (2645-5EU) 500mhz, 320mb, 10gb, 13"XGA

christopher_wolf
Special Member

#9 Post by christopher_wolf » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:46 pm

kstuart wrote:I've also been having problems with AC hanging the system on resuming from standby.

Killing ACMUROCHLPR.exe stops the hanging, but it also breaks the FN-F5 functionality.

Intel has already released the 2200BG which includes both 802.11b/g under the Centrino brand name. Look for Calexico II (Intel codename) wireless with 802.11a/b/g functionality with better Bluetooth integration when Alviso debuts. Other technologies to look forward to are 802.11n which should double the speed of 802.11g but Intel has no plans right now of integrating this into its Centrino (Calexico) line-up. WEP was replaced with a better standard known as WPA. WPA was meant as an interim fix until 802.11i security is released in early 2005. Most manufacturers will have firmware upgrades from WPA to 802.11i available around the products release. (802.11i is just a security protocol and note another form of wireless networking like 802.11g.) Along with the release of Calexico II, Intel will feature new wireless configuration software, codenamed ‘Muroc’, that provides a much easier to use interface. Intel has also built in hardware-based AES encryption which replaces the current DES encryption.
So, it seems related to getting AC to work properly with Intel wireless, but evidently not perfectly. :)
What version of the Wireless drivers and AC do you have?
IBM ThinkPad T43 Model 2668-72U 14.1" SXGA+ 1GB |IBM 701c

~o/
I met someone who looks a lot like you.
She does the things you do.
But she is an IBM.
/~o ---ELO from "Yours Truly 2059"

kstuart
Sophomore Member

#10 Post by kstuart » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:49 am

christopher_wolf wrote:
kstuart wrote:I've also been having problems with AC hanging the system on resuming from standby.

What version of the Wireless drivers and AC do you have?
Access Connections 4.12

IBM's Version Number of the 2200bg Wireless Driver 9.0.4.8

... it's possible that I have two versions of some functionality installed which overlap... I have the horizonal battery meter next to a little yellow battery, both of which are to the left of the tray - and I also have the blue and gray battery in the tray... I have the Access Connections icon in the tray (the little computer) and next to it I have the Access Connections signal meter icon, both of which say ThinkVantage Access Connections in the mouse-tip balloon.

The Battery Maximizer Version is 1.38 and the Power Management Driver verison is 1.33 .
- Ken Stuart

T40 (2373-12U) 1.3ghz, 1.5gb, 40gb5k80, 14"XGA, 2200bg, 9-cell, Infocase
600X (2645-5EU) 500mhz, 320mb, 10gb, 13"XGA

Return to “ThinkPad T40/T41/T42/T43 Series”