I was wondering if someone can help me out. I'll try to detail my issues as much as
Here is my set-up:
1) I have an x200s running Windows 7 (64-bit).
2) I bought an F3507g card on eBay and installed it.
3) I flashed Zender's BIOS mod to make the card work on my x200s
4) I installed Lenovo's HSDPA wireless WAN driver here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... MIGR-73681
5) After doing step 4, I have the following items showing in Device Manager:
- Under "Modems": F3507g Mobile Broadband Modem Port
- Under "Network adapters": F3507g Mobile Broadband Driver
- Under "Ports (COM & LPT)": F3507g Mobile Broadband Device Management (COM6)
- Under "Ports (COM & LPT)": F3507g Mobile Broadband GPS Port (COM7)
- Under "Smart card readers": F3507g Mobile Broadband USIM Port
- Under "Universal serial bus controllers": F3507g Mobile Broadband Device
6) I inserted an active SIM card (with Rogers Wireless in Canada), and Rogers' APN is internet.com.
Now here are the issues:
1) I tried installing ThinkVantage GPS here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... MIGR-73724
but it won't install, saying there is no GPS device present. So I can' use GPS.
2) I tried connecting to the Rogers network using Sony Ericsson's Wireless Manager 5, but it gave me an error saying no broadband device present. Others have managed to get this to work, but I can't figure it out. It doesn't even recognize that I have a F3507g card installed, but Windows does.
3) I tried connecting to the Rogers network using Sierra Wireless'3G Watcher, but it gave me an error saying no broadband device present.
4) I tried creating a dial-up connection in Windows 7 (number: *99#, username: <blank>, password: <blank>), and it tries to connect, but then it gives me "Error 734: The PPP Link Control Protocol Was Terminated". I've looked at the MS article describing the 734 error and I've taken all the steps to no avail.
I've read/searched as much as I can, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated.