thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:33 pm 

I had it on and everything. But I was having problems with my wireless connection going on and off on and off... all the time... so uninstalled the drivers for the wireless abg and downloaded them from lenovo and reinstalled them and it is working PERFECTLY.. but no bluetooth now...i didnt do anything regarding the bluetooth... its not in the device manager now either...and it says enabled from the bios... i downloaded the bluetooth stuff from lenovos website and installed it but still nothing... im using windows 7

any ideas?

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:46 pm 
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

FN-F5, turn on the bluetooth radio.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:42 pm 

the bluetooth disappeared... fn+f5 wont work bc its not on the system all the sudden...

any other ideas...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 pm 
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Reinstall the Hotkey utility. You will need the use Fn+F5 to turn on the BT card.

R50p 1832-NU1/UXGA IPS/ATI FireGL T2
X61t 7762-B6U dual touch IPS/64GB SSD
X32 2673-BU6/32GB SSD
755CDV 9545-GBK Transmissive Projection LCD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 pm 
Freshman Member

Delete all your drivers (including WiFi) plug the LAN cable and install windows updates do not download anything from Lenovo website until win updates will install all the drivers.

Today: Apple MacBook Pro 13 (Late 2011)
In past: T400s , X300 , T400 (P8400) , X41 Tablet and R52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:45 pm 

Sindbad wrote:
Delete all your drivers (including WiFi) plug the LAN cable and install windows updates do not download anything from Lenovo website until win updates will install all the drivers.

is there a way to uninstall them all at once... other than doing them 1 at a time.. (also sent PM just in case you dont check the thread again)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:10 pm 
Freshman Member

thebigalphamale wrote:
is there a way to uninstall them all at once... other than doing them 1 at a time.. (also sent PM just in case you dont check the thread again)

I've got no idea, this method might not work also, because once you delete hardware it's going to be recognized by Win7 again and it's going to install old drivers automatically. The best thing to do is, a fresh install of Win7 and then use the method that I mentioned in previous post. Again DO NOT download any drivers from Lenovo. run the win update keep running and rebooting your Tablet until you'll get all the drivers to be recognized by Win. Only after this install the think Vantage utility or any other software.

Today: Apple MacBook Pro 13 (Late 2011)
In past: T400s , X300 , T400 (P8400) , X41 Tablet and R52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm 

Sindbad wrote:
I've got no idea, this method might not work also, because once you delete hardware it's going to be recognized by Win7 again and it's going to install old drivers automatically. The best thing to do is, a fresh install of Win7 and then use the method that I mentioned in previous post. Again DO NOT download any drivers from Lenovo. run the win update keep running and rebooting your Tablet until you'll get all the drivers to be recognized by Win. Only after this install the think Vantage utility or any other software.

that sounds good... ill do a complete reinstall of windows 7... hopefully my volume up, down, mute buttons will work as well..

what if anything from lenovo should I download after all the windows 7 updates...such as the thinkpad programs... I am thinking that I dont really need/want any... but maybe there is something that is not optional that windows 7 updates or the windows 7 OS cant handle on its on...

thanks for all the help