thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm 

I have just bought a new Lenovo Thinkpad T410 2518-FAA from one of main agencies of Lenovo in my country. The new-buy laptop was said to be totally new, i.e. it was not a re-furbished, and I actually checked for manything to confirm the real status of this laptop. However, when I brought it back to my house, a serious problem appeared.

At the laptop store, I did not have enough time to check the Fingerprint device, thus I skipped to check it. When I came back home, the Fingerprint sensor error of this new-buy laptop completely drived me crazy!!! I installed the Fingerprint software of Lenovo, but this software continuously reported errors: "Can not enroll users, can not update passport, and can not find fingerprint sensor device."

I have tried uninstalled and reinstalled this software many times, and already checked for the latest version of this software, it was Thinkvantage Fingerprint sofware 5.9.3 for Win 7-32 bit. My operation system is Win 7-32 bit. But these errors still appeared again and again. I already checked the status of TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor in Biometric Devices, uninstalled then re-installled this device, and it showed that this device was working properly and up-to-date, and I already unchecked the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", but all of my efforts was in vain!!! These errors still appeared and it drives me crazy! Up to now I had been unable to enroll my fingerprint to set up the fingerprint reader! These 3 errors just kept prompting in front of my eyes!

Another problem is that the laptop can transfer files to my Nokia E51 mobile via Bluetooth, but I could not make the reverse transfer for a file from this mobile to laptop! Oh, I am very disappointed about Lenovo now! Inside the manufacture box that carried the laptop, there are just some instruction guides without any installation CD for installing Thinkvantage softwares... I had to go to the website of Lenovo and find a bunch of links of softwares that I tried many times but I still did not know how to download... I had to download the Thinkvantage Fingerprint software from another website...

Please help me, guys! Did you encounter the same problem with me? May you please instruct me how to solve these problems! Thank you a lot!