SOLD: complete DIY 15" T601f frankenpad kit! ....Includes fully functional T60p (UXGA, 3GB RAM) + other needed parts :)

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
tpdude4
Freshman Member

SOLD: complete DIY 15" T601f frankenpad kit! ....Includes fully functional T60p (UXGA, 3GB RAM) + other needed parts :)

#1 Post by tpdude4 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Up for sale Sold :) is a complete "kit" needed to make your own 15" T601f frankenpad!

The following fully functional components are included:
1) 15" T60p, model 2007-56U in excellent overall condition (pics: https://dropshots.com/tpdude4/albums/520665; album password t60p1)
--bright, beautiful UXGA screen (1600x1200)...this is the specially installed Sharp UXGA screen highly regarded by many forum members
--3GB DDR2 RAM (max allowed on default T60 chipset)
--barely used keyboard, palmrest, and touchpad with almost no shine (see pics); very good hinges; lid, base have only minor scuffs, no cracks
--64MB ATI Radeon X1300 gpu, T2400 cpu, legible Win XP COA
--optional, $30 extra: genuine Lenovo 9-cell battery with 100% original capacity remaining; AC adapter not included
--no HD but HD cover included
--known imperfections: Computrace is enabled in the BIOS but is inactive* and has no noticeable effect on performance; there's a small crack on the right edge of the palmrest (see pics), also
the middle-right part of the palmrest sits up very slightly (but it can be pushed down and "clicks" into place)...but palmrests are easy to replace and cost only a few bucks on ebay!
*I've called Absolute and they assured me it's disabled on their end....I just haven't taken the time to remove it permanently....See this forum
thread for removal details: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=114641

2) 42w7648 intel motherboard....from a 4:3 T61; tested, fully functional (Middleton's BIOS is not installed);
--stable, reliable intel gpu easily handles most daily tasks (incl. 1080p youtube vids etc)

3) T8300 Penryn cpu (2.4GHz) -- more powerful Penryn cpu that can be used after applying Middleton's BIOS

4) T7500 Merom cpu (2.2GHz) -- can be used directly in the T601f or to flash the middleton BIOS to allow use of the T8300 (and newer wifi cards, higher SATA speeds, etc)

5) T500 discrete heat sink/fan (works beautifully in this setup)

6) Two intel 6200 wifi cards (see here for installing them: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=118947)

**Note: I don't log in here often so please email me at mokarga4_at_hotmail_dot_com instead of PM.**
Last edited by tpdude4 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tpdude4
Freshman Member

Re: FS: complete DIY 15" T601f frankenpad kit! ....Includes fully functional T60p (UXGA, 3GB RAM) + other needed parts :

#2 Post by tpdude4 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Bump (....reminder to those who initially expressed interest to me)

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: FS: complete DIY 15" T601f frankenpad kit! ....Includes fully functional T60p (UXGA, 3GB RAM) + other needed parts :

#3 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:30 pm

I saw a FrankenPad kit on eBay the other day. Does that one have any relation your this kit?
Welcome to the jungle, we have FrankenPads
If you want it you're going to bleed, but that is the price to pay
And you're a very rare mobo, very hard to get
You can see the blinky lights, but you won't get them for free.

tpdude4
Freshman Member

#4 Post by tpdude4 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Yup -- that's my ad too :)
I always prefer selling on this forum, but if I need to sell something quickly or if there's not enough interest here then I post it on feebay.
So far it's gotten ~200 views and 10 people are watching it, but no one has pulled the trigger for some reason (there's a best offer option too, which is now apparently mandatory for buy-it-now items).

Thinkpad4by3
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#5 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:08 pm

I knew it was kind of fishy for a random Frankenpad kit to be on eBay without relation to this fourms :) . Would buy it if I didnt already have my T60 in good condition and I wanted QXGA anyway. Good Luck selling that T60p!
Welcome to the jungle, we have FrankenPads
If you want it you're going to bleed, but that is the price to pay
And you're a very rare mobo, very hard to get
You can see the blinky lights, but you won't get them for free.