Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

WTB: LCD Inverter for Thinkpad 750C

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
Galacnor

WTB: LCD Inverter for Thinkpad 750C

#1 Post by Galacnor » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Hello again guys.

Im very sad to report that the last seller on this forum who offered to sell me a 750C inverter was a scammer and I have lost my money and received nothing.

That means I am still in search for a 750C inverter after an entire year with still no luck.

I beg you, someone please legitimaty sell me one. I need only a single working inverter shipped to Germany.

Alex

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: WTB: LCD Inverter for Thinkpad 750C

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:08 am

Galacnor wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 pm
Im very sad to report that the last seller on this forum who offered to sell me a 750C inverter was a scammer and I have lost my money and received nothing.
Just for such cases we have this thread in the Marketplace forum: Negative feedbacks for traders and Tips for fair trading
You should name and shame that seller in there.
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

Galacnor

#3 Post by Galacnor » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:37 pm

RealBlackStuff wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:08 am
Galacnor wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 pm
Just for such cases we have this thread in the Marketplace forum: Negative feedbacks for traders and Tips for fair trading
You should name and shame that seller in there.
Howdy Realblackstuff,

Thanks for your support. Its never fun to be scammed, I did it to myself this time by not thinking too hard. Fortunately, the money sent was peanuts but still!

The scam that I fell for is discussed here in this thread and has since been dealt with. As such, I do not feel its appropriate for me to open a new thread to discuss it further. I should have been more careful. I didn't even ask for a photograph, nor did I take the poor English as a bad sign (I live in Europe most of the year, theres plenty of reputable people who don't speak English as a first language; but, this was clearly a red flag)

I would be so greatful if someone turns up a working 750C inverter for me! Or, if that fails, an entire panel complete with said inverter!

With the best regards
Alex

Galacnor

#4 Post by Galacnor » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:33 pm

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have now expanded my search to both the German Language Thankpads Forum (quite the coincidence that I live in Germany and speak their language!), and to Reddit.

As of now I am still searching for the needed 750C Inverter. If anyone has one they want to part with, this may be the time to!

Alex

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

#5 Post by RealBlackStuff » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:06 am

Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

Galacnor

#6 Post by Galacnor » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:33 pm

RealBlackStuff wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:06 am
Seen this? viewtopic.php?t=128704
Or this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284294092622
Hello again, Realblackstuff,

Thank you so much for your continued help.

I did actually try to purchase the one in the Ebay UK link; but, sadly, couldn't get the seller to send me a shipping invoice and ended up cancelling the order.

You will be very happy to know that I found an alternative over at Impact Computers, thanks to the help of multiple people in multiple places. (I can't fairly award credit to any one person as a few people showed me the same link around the same time)

It ended up being cheaper than the part in the UK and I was able to send it to my brother in the US who was about to come over here to visit me anyway, he arrived with it a few days ago, and I have already reassembled the computer with its new inverter. it ended up being a beautiful NOS IBM refurb. I also snagged a sealed software and manual pack for it and had him bring me that too.

I'm waiing for a power supply to come in the mail that is compatible with the German electrical system, then I will back up the drive and make a post about everything.

Thank you kindly for all your help
Alex