Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS - Thinkpad T41, Type 2373 + Recovery CDs-Reduced

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
gbatch3

FS - Thinkpad T41, Type 2373 + Recovery CDs-Reduced

#1 Post by gbatch3 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 pm

I have an IBM Thinkpad T41 Type 2373 for sale. This T41 has the 1.7 GHZ Pentium M processor and 2 GB of RAM. The BIOS is updated to v3.23 and the embedded controller to v 3.04, the latest versions. I also installed an Intel 2200BG wireless card and put in a new CMOS battery about 3 months ago. While I was in there, I used canned air to blow out any dust I saw. The hard drive has been upgraded from the original Hitachi 40 GB to a Western Digital 60 GB, model WDWD600UE. It’s a 5400 rpm drive with a 2 MB cache.
The laptop will come with copies of the 5 IBM recovery CDs v (5.8 ) which, after much searching, I was able to find. Also included is the AC charger. I have reinstalled Windows XP Pro from the recovery CDs along with the driver for the wireless card. There is a TEMP directory on the desktop with the driver update files for the wireless card. As of May 5, 2012, all Windows XP updates have been applied, including Service Pack 3. Also, all hardware updates have been applied.

Overall, this laptop is in very good shape. The screen shows no anomalies, the exterior is fairly clean and has no major cosmetic issues. Someone had some stickers on the lid, but I have removed those. You may see an outline still present. The keyboard, red touchstick and mouse pad all operate as they should. The battery still holds a charge for approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours depending on what you are doing. The DVD reader/writer works as it should. The Windows XP Pro Registration sticker is still on the bottom.

I have used it in my basement shop for about 3 months, as a secondary PC mostly for accessing the Internet. (Don’t worry. My shop is not dusty or dirty). I’m selling it because I found another ‘toy’ I have to have. My price for this is $125.00 + shipping. Shipping will be via FedEx Ground, insured and will probably run around $15.00. Payment will be via USPS money order. No Paypal unless you want to pay an added fee.

If you are interested, want the pix or have questions, PLEASE EMAIL ME at gbatch@yahoo.com. I don’t get on this forum frequently. If you post a reply here, be aware that it may not get answered and you may lose out.

gbatch3

Re: FS - Thinkpad T41, Type 2373 + Recovery CDs-Reduced

#2 Post by gbatch3 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:12 am

TTT - Am I going to have to go to eBay with this ?
C'mon folks. This is a primo T41.

gbatch3

Re: FS - Thinkpad T41, Type 2373 + Recovery CDs-Reduced

#3 Post by gbatch3 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:54 pm

On to eBay.