Page 1 of 1

SOLD: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:36 am
by bmwman91
SOLD!

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pi

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:47 am
by ajkula66
As per the forum rules, you must post an asking price.

Best of luck with the sale of this Frankie.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pi

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:25 am
by bmwman91
Alrighty, price has been added to original post!

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pi

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:49 pm
by TuuS
Sounds like a great deal even with the minor screen blemishes, you could never build one with these specs for this price even if you had the T60 already.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pi

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:30 pm
by Qing Dao
That is a pretty good deal. By the way, nice 318is.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:56 pm
by JeffCullen
Perhaps I'm confused... but wouldn't a T61p board have the Quadro FX 570M instead of the NVS 140M? Sounds like a T61 board.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:09 pm
by ajkula66
JeffCullen wrote: Sounds like a T61 board.
It does, and if the GPU is NVS140M it IS one as well.

An excellent deal nevertheless...

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:35 pm
by bmwman91
JeffCullen wrote:Perhaps I'm confused... but wouldn't a T61p board have the Quadro FX 570M instead of the NVS 140M? Sounds like a T61 board.
EDIT: You are correct. I was incorrectly thinking that the T61 model had Intel integrated graphics, but that is not the case. The original post has been corrected. Thanks.

Anyway, the goods are still for sale. I will be listing them on eBay this week as well (at a higher price). $400 is a special price for TP forum members since this place has been so helpful over the years.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:40 pm
by ajkula66
bmwman91 wrote:I will be listing them on eBay this week as well (at a higher price).
If I may offer a word of unsolicited advice here:

Do bear in mind that PayPal has extended the timeframe during which the buyer can open up a dispute for an item not being as described to 180 days. You could very easily run into someone who'll abuse the laptop for two months, overclock the living daylight out of it, blow the planar and return it, all for the cost of shipping on their end.

Custom systems - as well as expensive ones - tend to attract scammers and dimwits, both of which can be dangerous.

My $0.02 only...

Good luck.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:35 am
by financialwar
ajkula66 wrote:Do bear in mind that PayPal has extended the timeframe during which the buyer can open up a dispute for an item not being as described to 180 days. You could very easily run into someone who'll abuse the laptop for two months, overclock the living daylight out of it, blow the planar and return it, all for the cost of shipping on their end.
OP would be getting interest in that two months from the money paid by the buyer.

So it's shipping + two months interest should be the correct amount.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:31 pm
by erik
ajkula66 wrote:Do bear in mind that PayPal has extended the timeframe during which the buyer can open up a dispute for an item not being as described to 180 days. You could very easily run into someone who'll abuse the laptop for two months, overclock the living daylight out of it, blow the planar and return it, all for the cost of shipping on their end.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/u ... nt-full#13

13.3 Ineligible Items.
  • Significantly Not As Described issues for Custom-made items
with this being custom-made, i don't see how paypal would side with someone 180 days later for electronics failing.   clearly state "custom-made system, selling as-is, no warranty express or implied" and the seller should be covered against a dispute.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:05 pm
by ajkula66
erik wrote:with this being custom-made, i don't see how paypal would side with someone 180 days later for electronics failing.   clearly state "custom-made system, selling as-is, no warranty express or implied" and the seller should be covered against a dispute.
With PP siding with the buyer 98% of the time in my experience, I could see a huge problem arising for the seller. Not to mention that all the buyer has to do is issue a chargeback on their credit card...

My point being: I wouldn't feel comfortable selling such a system to a complete stranger over the Net. But it's not my unit to begin with.

Re: For Sale: 15" Frankenpad w/ X9000, 8GB RAM, More (Big Pics)

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:55 pm
by TuuS
I agree that when selling on ebay you have no say as to who it goes to. Selling in our forum is a complete joy in comparison and you get to discuss with the buyer/seller before the deal is made.

This is definitely a great deal on a system with these specs, I'm certain one could not be built for this price.