Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

SOLD: the ultimate Frankenpad package

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
wujstefan
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

SOLD: the ultimate Frankenpad package

#1 Post by wujstefan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:29 am

I feel Like I'm selling some part of my soul. However, since I found another unit to fit my needs perfectly I am now considering something that I've been building for quite some time.

It's a classical T61-in-T60 15,1 inch chassis, and pimped.

Some specs:

T61 nVidia board from the service batch - NOS unit, supplied by TuuS. It's the ultimate option that he was so kind to provide; you just CAN'T get a better board for this one. It's used lightely, but has been tested overclocked 50% (yes, overclocked) running for a full 48hrs test w/ Furmark with no issues. It runs on stock clocks all the time now. It has a loaded middleton and - with a large RBS' help - has its UUID loaded so the system reckons what type of board it has. Actually I paid quite some money for the board + transport and I don't miss a penny. Actually I'd was trying to send a thank-you keg of the best Polish beer to TuuS but it turned out it's not legal.

T9500@2,6GHz - I found it providing enough power while being way cooler than it's "extreme" sibling. Also runs much cooler than any T9300 I owned.

8 gigs of matched Hynix DDR2 ram.

Beautiful LED AFFS HYDIS UXGA; LCD pulled from ajkula's R61fL. All in all I'm using his R61 right now and find it just fine for my needs :)

9-cell Panasonic battery w/ 76/84WHr + additional 2 SONY ultrabay batteries w/100% capacity and 2-5 cycles; all genuine.

A DVD-burner + HDD ultrabay.

240Gb SSD as a main drive. Works astonishingly fast in this baby.

R61p's fan unit, rare 3-heatpipe version; works very silent while keeping temperatures at bay (75C for CPU and 70C for GPU under full load for several hours). Fan greased with silicone oil in spray, and Noctua NT-H1 is the used thermal compound.

Intel Ultimate N-6300 AGN wireless card.

A very nice NMB keyboard, and another like-new NMB unit will be added as a spare.

Still not enough? All that was built on the crack-free enhanced frame FRU 41W6360 that is more resistant to typical crack near the fan exhaust.

90W genuine PSU will be included.

The unit is in very nice visual shape, I will add some photos later in the week.

I will drop in some spares I accumulated over time. Plus, you will get a 2503 dock (locked, and I lost the key somewhere in the process - the dock needs to be opened and permanentyl unlocked with the use of tools).

It's actually an ultimate option (as long as you're not planning to mess with the board hardware), so we're pretty close to the best Frankenpad the money could buy. Asking price for all of that is $1100 shipped in Europe (ask for other shipping cost, may ship oversea), and will consider reasonable offers.
Too many thinkpads not enough time!
(stable under reduction)

Lister
Freshman Member

Re: FS: the ultimate Frankenpad package

#2 Post by Lister » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:08 am

PM sent.
Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15,4 Mid 2015 | i7 4770HQ | | Intel Iris Pro 5200 | 16GB Ram | Samsung ssPolaris 1TB
IBM T60 | UXGA AFFS | T7600 | ATi X1400 | Samsung 3GB | Intel 535 240GB

wujstefan
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: FS: the ultimate Frankenpad package

#3 Post by wujstefan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:30 am

GONE
Too many thinkpads not enough time!
(stable under reduction)