Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: Nice 701CS oldie w/butterfly keyboard ;(

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
wujstefan
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

FS: Nice 701CS oldie w/butterfly keyboard ;(

#1 Post by wujstefan » Tue May 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello,

All in all I must admit that I have literally NO time for restoration projects. Thus, this beauty is up for sale.

It's an exceptionally nice unit with butterfly keyboard that works perfectly - German layout. I bought it some time ago to restore it, but it is 2 years now and I still hasn't started. It's time to pass it to some other hands.

Tha lid (and overall all the plastics) are in great shape and have a very little wear for its age. A few deeper scratches on the surface and bottom, but generally it does not seem like it's over 20yrs old. The keyboard has some shine, but it's still pretty nice. Type 2630, and I did not check what's really inside. I presume it's in its factory setting. Selling as-is - if I have no time to restore it, then I also have no time to make a deeper examination of this one.

The battery has leaked, and it's common thing. It is removed from the system, but I still have it if anyone wants a damaged battery. The battery cover is still in there, but it needs a battery to stay in place.

The good thing is, the mobo is working. The cmos battery is dead, but it POSTs - and it boots to DOS.

The bad thing is, the display is damaged - partially cracked. I have talked to hwatys here on the forum, and he offered providing a screen. The problem is, there is a 50/50 chance he has the proper one. Need to remove the screen and check which one is it. Kind of gamble. If this is the one hwatys has, the happy buyer will have the most wanted TP ever, and in a silly price for its shape. If not, there is still a need to find one. Or just to make your eyes happy with the keyboard.

With the ones like hwatys collecting thinkpads is just so much easier, but unfortunately 3 little kids do not combo well with spending long hours searching for parts (and knowledge) for rebuilding old systems.

Pics:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2p58 ... E9LYi1mWHc

Price?
$280+shipping, but definietely will listen to offers.
Too many thinkpads not enough time!
(stable under reduction)