Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: Assorted Thinkpad Parts (T5xx, T6x, T4x, T3x)

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
Medessec
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

FS: Assorted Thinkpad Parts (T5xx, T6x, T4x, T3x)

#1 Post by Medessec » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:11 pm

So the situation is- I've graduated from school and am now moving back home. So these parts boxes need to go! I'd love for someone out there who can use them to get them.

PLEASE consult the photos mostly to gain the best consideration of what you're getting... and also please note I don't really plan to carefully pack the parts (unless a buyer requests certain parts receiving attention) and I want them sold quickly, so I'd prefer domestic buyers, and that you be aware of the condition of the parts (and the possible condition after shipping) before buying.

Thinkpad T6x Box - $30, shipping included
http://imgur.com/a/YezY6

Probably the parts mostly of interest to someone are the 3 keyboards (1 is not missing keys), and the two T61 motherboards. The photo is blurry that shows both, but they are both indeed T61 boards, one is Intel and I believe it does boot... but the other is an FX570M board which does not boot. I took a close up of the NVIDIA chip. The box is marked "T6x" but appears to contain a T5xx base, and a really weird find in the box is a shattered W500 cage with a W500 board, placed in a 15" T4x base. There is also a T4x back lid. I believe the W500 board's ATI chip is no good, but can still boot on the Intel GPU. The CPU in there is a T9400. There's hinges, LCD cables, and two heatsinks, one is a 42X4777.

Thinkpad T4x Box - $30 shipping included
http://imgur.com/a/jq8TW

There's a couple of paired keyboard bezels and bases for 15" units, with cracks and breaks. There's a nearly complete 14" unit missing RAM, CPU, heatsink, and a few other components. There are a couple of keyboard and a couple of disc drives, a cage, and hinges.

Thinkpad T3x Box - $20 shipping included
http://imgur.com/a/q25KM

There's an assembled unit missing a CPU, heatsink, HDD, disc drive etc. There's also a laptop chassis bezel and base, and a screen lid. There's numerous other parts including two keyboards, one keyboard except for a dent in the plastic indicator piece is in very good condition.

The marked prices are for the entire box to be shipped. I will get an estimate on the shipping costs, but I plan to use UPS, so $20 would be a safe guess. If you see a specific part or parts you want, even out of different boxes, I can organize and negotiate that. I'd rather the entire boxes be gone, so I'm willing to accept offers on that too. Everything is pretty much negotiable.

I accept Paypal, and I'm located in Chico, CA, so I would be open to pickups if possible. If you have questions about specific items, please post them in the topic for others to see, but any negotiating or offers please PM. Thanks!
Trying my hardest to collect Thinkpads, but college and being broke kinda gets in the way. However...
701C, 760, 770, X24, T30, G41, A31p, T43p, T60/61 Frankie, Z61p, X60 SXGA+, W700ds
MEDESSEC

and yes. I am a bit of a lunatic.

Medessec
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: FS: Assorted Thinkpad Parts (T5xx, T6x, T4x, T3x)

#2 Post by Medessec » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Bump.

I'm back in Chico for a couple of days and have updated the post. I'll send them to someone for the price listed above, shipping is included now.
Trying my hardest to collect Thinkpads, but college and being broke kinda gets in the way. However...
701C, 760, 770, X24, T30, G41, A31p, T43p, T60/61 Frankie, Z61p, X60 SXGA+, W700ds
MEDESSEC

and yes. I am a bit of a lunatic.

4uk4a
Freshman Member

Re: FS: Assorted Thinkpad Parts (T5xx, T6x, T4x, T3x)

#3 Post by 4uk4a » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi,
PM sent