SOLD: 15" T601f Frankenpad in good condition

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
burnsidr

SOLD: 15" T601f Frankenpad in good condition

#1 Post by burnsidr » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:45 pm

For sale is a Thinkpad T601f - I upgraded my T60P 15" Flexview UXGA with a T61 NOS motherboard and T8300 CPU I purchased on this forum from TuuS. It has nVidia nvs140m graphics with a 2010 dated chip. Here is a photo:

http://imgur.com/FmdNQLJ

My son used it in grad school for a couple of semesters, and its been sitting unused since then. The 15" 1600 x 1200 IPS screen looks good, except for some slight "discolorations" in the backlight - unevenness more noticeable with a white background. All the pixels are good.

Here is a photo of the screen, although it's difficult to represent the imperfection - its just the un-evenness of the backlight with a white background, not the pixels themselves. It's a wonderful IPS screen otherwise with very wide viewing angles and is bright enough for me in normal room lighting conditions.

http://imgur.com/mCNL94u

It has Windows 7 loaded on a 240GB SSD drive, 4 GB of RAM, DVD Multi drive, Intel 5100AGN wifi. The exterior has some scuffing/small scratches, some of the keys are shiny, but no pieces are cracked/missing and everything functions. Hinges have some play in them.

There is one 6 cell battery, and two 9 cell packs, all have less than half their original capacity. All are genuine IBM/Lenovo. There is a genuine 90W AC adapter. I will throw in an Ultrabay caddy for a 2nd SATA HDD.

I paid ~$350 for just the Frankenpad parts, but I would sell everything for $120 + shipping.

Sold to a forum member.