Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

SOLD: 15" T601f Frankenpad in good condition

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill

SOLD: 15" T601f Frankenpad in good condition

#1 Post by burnsidr » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:45 pm

For sale is a Thinkpad T601f - I upgraded my T60P 15" Flexview UXGA with a T61 NOS motherboard and T8300 CPU I purchased on this forum from TuuS. It has nVidia nvs140m graphics with a 2010 dated chip. Here is a photo:

My son used it in grad school for a couple of semesters, and its been sitting unused since then. The 15" 1600 x 1200 IPS screen looks good, except for some slight "discolorations" in the backlight - unevenness more noticeable with a white background. All the pixels are good.

Here is a photo of the screen, although it's difficult to represent the imperfection - its just the un-evenness of the backlight with a white background, not the pixels themselves. It's a wonderful IPS screen otherwise with very wide viewing angles and is bright enough for me in normal room lighting conditions.

It has Windows 7 loaded on a 240GB SSD drive, 4 GB of RAM, DVD Multi drive, Intel 5100AGN wifi. The exterior has some scuffing/small scratches, some of the keys are shiny, but no pieces are cracked/missing and everything functions. Hinges have some play in them.

There is one 6 cell battery, and two 9 cell packs, all have less than half their original capacity. All are genuine IBM/Lenovo. There is a genuine 90W AC adapter. I will throw in an Ultrabay caddy for a 2nd SATA HDD.

I paid ~$350 for just the Frankenpad parts, but I would sell everything for $120 + shipping.

Sold to a forum member.