Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: T40 keyboard--with a caveat

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
Freshman Member

FS: T40 keyboard--with a caveat

#1 Post by PsychBiller » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm

I bought a keyboard for my T40 2373-72U some years ago from eBay (FRU 08K5044). The keyboard I received appeared to be new, but the backplane of the keyboard was a little bit bent. The seller replaced it with another unit.

The keyboard worked, as I recall, but I didn't like it being bent. I've been told that this is likely a Chicony keyboard with a stiffer feel compared to the old Thai keyboards. It's been so long since I used my T40 that I couldn't tell you, myself.

So, I have this T40 keyboard lying around. I'm happy to give it away for just the cost of shipping from Virginia. I can't guarantee that you will like it or that it will fit your unit well enough. At the very least, it would be very good for parts. Just hate to recycle it with other electronics, but that's the final option if no one wants it.

I have photos that I'd be happy to share by e-mail. The keyboard itself appears to be cosmetically new.