Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

[[STOLEN!!]] PLEASE HELP TO FIND MY Lenovo ThinkPad W700DS + Other Items

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
AWFRONT

[[STOLEN!!]] PLEASE HELP TO FIND MY Lenovo ThinkPad W700DS + Other Items

#1 Post by AWFRONT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:42 pm

From LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM,
Hi Everyone! On Friday 26th January 2018, my property in North East London was broken into and a number of items including my Lenovo W700DS with its Docking Station and power supply adaptor was also stolen. The specifications included: Intel Core 2 Quad Core Extreme Edition, 1TB SSD Hybird Seagate Drive+480GB Kingston HyperX Savage SSD Drive, 1GB FX3700 Graphics and 8GB RAM. The laptop also came with inbuilt Wacom digitiser, fingerprint scanner. As an idetifiying feature, one of the rear heatsink plastic outer grills on the back of the laptop was damaged and I fixed and painted it in black so please look out for this. The docking station did not have any keys and is not lockable.

Along with the laptop, my WD MyPassport 1TB Drive and a second WD MyPassport 4TB was also stolen. One of the hard drives included personal albums and other files of sentimental value. The police and forensics have been around and investigations are ongoing.

I would really appreciate if anyone reading this could assist with the return of my belongings. If you are offered any of these items for sale in London or anywhere else and you would like to help, I would strongly urge you to contact London Metropolitan Police on 101 or you can send me a private message on the forum and I will contact you accordingly.

I am also prepared to offer a reward for the return of all or some of my items (in particular the hard drive(s).

MY MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THESE BELONGINGS FROM ME: If you are reading this and have a bit of heart and dignity you would do the right thing and return these items back to me. You don't need to identify yourself to me, I just want you to show your human side. A lot of destruction was caused to my property which I can deal with but you have taken away items of sentimental value and I really want you to return these to me the least. The police is working through the available evidence and it is only a matter of time before they identify anyone linked to this incident but I am prepared to forgive if you do the right thing and return these belongings to me.

Thank you in advance for all your help and I really hope someone out there could help me.
Own:Lenovo W700ds [Sadly Stolen from Me :( ), Owned: Lenovo X200T, X220T, X230T, Helix Tablet, Yoga 3, Yoga 3 Pro. Want: Lenovo W701ds and In the Future:Razer Project Valerie

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: [[STOLEN!!]] PLEASE HELP TO FIND MY Lenovo ThinkPad W700DS + Other Items

#2 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Be sure to regular eBay where alot of the stolen machines land. Craigslist too.
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

madicetea

#3 Post by madicetea » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

I can only offer good prayers, but I hope you may someday be reunited with it.
Last edited by madicetea on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
MadIceTea, Thinkpad Enthusiast

Daily: X250 FHD
Museum: PC110 20MB, X61 T9300 SXGA+ LED
Donated: x2001 AFFS i5-530 (to my alma matter)
Past: 701Cs German, 535/X, 760E/XL, i-series 12/14xx, piano s30, R60e, X60, X61, T60, T61, X200 P8700, X121e

That chicken sure looks funny.

AWFRONT

#4 Post by AWFRONT » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:30 am

Icewobs wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm
I sympathize with your loss.
My own family has lost most of the digital version (we have some on paper luckily) of my baby pictures and the majority of the first year of my younger brother's photos, because we lost it while moving. Losing it is stupid and feels bad already; having it stolen must be even more painful.

Posting here is a good step, and I will watch out for anyone trying to dump it on Reddit at /r/thinkpadsforsale as well. I'm in most the Thinkpad Discords as well, so I'll watch their and ask the 4chan crowd there to make sure that nobody is anonymously joking about selling a W700DS in England.

Posting here was definitely a good step, because it closes off this forum as a place where the laptop can be dumped.
I will echo the advice to check ebay and I'll keep an eye out on Yahoo Auctions and Mercari in Japan (we get DS laptops so rarely that having one on the market at all is suspicious in itself).
FInally, if there are any pawn shops or consignment/thrift stores in your local area please make sure to check occasionally to make sure the computer doesn't end up there.

I wish you the best and give my respects to your family and Scotland Yard in this hard case.

Thank you for your message and I really hope some good will come out of this terrible ordeal.
Own:Lenovo W700ds [Sadly Stolen from Me :( ), Owned: Lenovo X200T, X220T, X230T, Helix Tablet, Yoga 3, Yoga 3 Pro. Want: Lenovo W701ds and In the Future:Razer Project Valerie