- Early on in my ownership the original display bubbled up and was replaced with the X60 Tablet 1400x1050 display.
- The new display acquired a few bad columns. This happened in my last year or so of college out of the blue, but is likely caused by a suboptimal job done replacing the display cable (either bad positioning or because I used the cellular capable cable that was cheaper to acquire at the time I'm not sure). The lines sometimes disappear, so I tried replacing the cable again since getting another cable was cheap and no luck. I will include the extra display cable to whomever takes the laptop.
- Whatever happened to the columns took the digitizer and the bezel controls with it. The wifi and bluetooth indicators appear to be fine, but all other light are dim. The buttons don't work, and I think the finger print reader is dead as well but can't easily retest.
- If the digitizer worked, I accidentally put a small crease in the bottom edge while detaching it from the original screen. This resulted in an inaccurate spot, but never was a real problem.
- At some point a dark spot appeared on the right side of the screen. Guess from palm pressure using the digitizer? Whatever the case my be it never really bothered me.
- Bezel is cracked from being removed several times although it does hold together. Lost the screw covers.
- In the last few months I used it the fan started to make clicking noises so probably needs oiling or replacing.
- Around the same time the system did get a lot slower. Most likely the drive dying as I don't recall seeing any signs of thermal throttling, but figured I mention it anyway.
- The button fell off the digitizer pen. Been held on by that same piece of scotch tape through 4 years of college so not a pretty fix, but seems to work just fine. Well if the digitizer still worked.
I am located in Tysons Corner Virginia, but depending on the timing can also do local pickup in Medina Ohio as I travel there frequently.
1.6GHz, 2x1GB RAM, 4965AGN Wifi module.